Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

what do you mean you chose the wrong casper

Hi, I am currently a high school senior and applying to various BSMD programs. Recently a friend of mine received her acceptance to the Penn state undergrad and her subsequent rejection from the BSMD. I was wondering if anyone else has heard back or has received an invitation for an interview.

I remember I got mine in January sometime but they may be doing things a bit differently now that COVID has hit. I applied in the 2016 cycle but I donā€™t know why they would do it much different nowadays.

Anyone heard from TCNJ? Anyone received UPITT supplemental application yet?

1 Like

Are we supposed to take the CASPER now, is it part of the application process ? which colleges require casper ?

Yes. I know somebody who has an interview for PMM on Jan 19.

Thanks for asking. The CASPER exam has different codes for different test content.
This is a someoneā€™s note from Reddit

Which Casper test to take?
I spent 20 minutes googling and searching reddit, I canā€™t
believe I couldnā€™t find anything
When registering for Casper, it gives you the option to
take a test called ā€œGraduate Medical Education
(CSP-20101)ā€ or one called ā€œProfessional Health Sciences
(CSP-10101)ā€. Which one should I take? It seems like
there were some people confused about taking the
Professional Health Sciences vs UNDERgraduate Medical
Education Casper tests, and they were told to take the
Professional Health Sciences test. But, Graduate Medical
Education sounds a lot more like medical school than
Professional Health Science
10 1
T
Award

So my advice for you is to check the test code that your specific program requires so you donā€™t take the wrong one and be taken out of consideration just cos of that. That happened to my daughter 3 years ago.

I think there also another one with CSP code 101111.

Somehow , we signed up for the wrong code and she was not considered for the admission cycle cos of that. So just make sure you pay attention to the recommended CSP for whichever school you are applying that requires u to take Casper. If you are not sure, please reach out to the admission office

To my knowledge the BS/MD programs at the following colleges use Casper in their application process:

Drexel University
Hofstra University
Marshall University
Texas Tech University
University of Illinois at Chicago

Seniors: Any update to this list? Please advise. Thank you.

2 Likes

Oh! Congratulations to the person you know. Do you have any more information? Along the lines of when they got the invitation or how they got it?

They got it through an email in the beginning of November.

Alright! Thank you for the help!

Would you be able to DM me, or enable dms, so I could message you? Had a few questions.

Has anyone received the W&J supplemental application?

Last date for taking CASper for Hofstra is Jan 13.

@cheer2021 has listed colleges that require CASPer.

I think Drexel doesnā€™t need CASper

Last year, since Drexel had virtual interviews, they had required CASPer.

still waiting tooā€¦

How does it work with TCNJ? Does one receive an UG acceptance along with the BSMD or is that sent out before?

I submitted the supplemental questions for BSMD and am waiting to hear back about the TCNJ interview that will allow application to move onto the NJMS phase. But, does that mean I am accepted to the UG part?

Also, nothing from Rutgers, UPitt as well.

1 Like

Thank you for this!
Today, I reached out to UIC. This is their reply.

"*
The CASPer test is not required for admission to the GPPA Medical Scholars program.

We expect that students who are selected to participate in the GPPA Medical Scholars program will be required to take the CASPer as part of the Conditions of Acceptance early in the program."*

1 Like

Folks

TCNJ / Rutgers-Newark undergrad interviews:
Last year they happened between Dec 15 and Jan 10

Pitt: Supplemental (for selected candidates) will be out Dec 15.

1 Like