Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Has anyone received any updates from NYIT’s BS/DO program or any updates confirming the NSU BS/DO interview (the Shark Preview Weekend interview)?

i haven’t heard anything from nyit

okay bc i have not received the email. did they only send the email to those getting an interview

Oh wow . We didn’t even get anything like that. Hmm

I just want give info what i just got from TCNJ… we have hopes still guys…

1. did your team send the initial interview for selected students already? if yes then . are you going to send some more people or already sent to the selected students?

Ans: There will certainly be more invites. They go out until mid January. The ones that went out just happened to be the initial review batch.

1. if not send to anyone then could we know when that going to happen.

ANS: As far as your second question, it is not possible to predict when invites will go out. The applications are reviewed at random.

1 Like

Thanks. This helps a lot

I can understand your concern… i am also same boat thats why i want to share the above info…

I am sure everyone has a good application. My S has perfect Standardized score, perfect GPA , All AP 5s and plenty of EC. I was really concerned that it will break his heart if he doesn’t get an interview. It’s brutal

Does anybody have any idea if pitt’s gap release is rolling? Like only some ppl got it, or did everyone get them at once?

Hi izones, I got my undergrad acceptance before the GAP Supplement. Hope you hear from them soon!

do yk if its in batches

1 Like

@Somcpharm
With the stats you have mentioned, I am hoping your S will get a TCNJ interview. Not sure if you have invested some time in looking into BSMD past cycles acceptances/rejections. If not, you can start from here. BSMD application process/outcome is highly unpredictable. One may get rejected by low-tier BSMDs and accepted by high-tier ones. On many occasions, seniors in this forum have advised casting a wider net to increase the chances. Good Luck.

2 Likes

just got nyit bsdo decision

2 Likes

did they nyit send you an email on the decision?

I got my decision via postal mail

2 Likes

I think Pitt GAP’s last day was today. My son didn’t make it either.
He has high stats too, but well, these admissions are unpredictable.

1 Like

He got accepted for undergrad with a good merit scholarship. But didnt move on for GAP

Yes, unpredictability is the key! Congrats on his undergrad acceptance to Pitt. In either format, that is a great school. Can you please share your son’s stats? What is his UG major?

My kid didn’t get upitt GAP but was accepted as premed. Is it still worthwhile going to upitt ?

out of state, 4.0 UW, 4.65 W, 1550 SAT, National merit scholar semifinalist, many leadership positions, school and state level, pretty decent volunteer and shadowing opportunities considering pandemic , very limited research. At Pitt, he applied for UG Major Neuroscience.