Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

i got invited to shark preview weekend to interview for the b.s./d.o. program and a scholarship.

1 Like

There is still time to hear updates from BSMD programs. If you are getting restless, you can apply to BSMD programs with Jan 1 date if you like - example: Stony Brook, SUNY downstate medical college bsmd

mini-medical school’s BS DO list of colleges is a good list

However, have you considered doing regular UG and applying regular route MD. 95% of the students are admitted this way.

Thanks
 appreciate it

@veenu
IMO, do not just apply BSDOs just for the sake of applying. Because every application you turn in takes a toll on your time and effort + interview prep (if there is one) etc, plus you really intend to go there not that you want to test the water. You need to understand the BSDO Vs the BSMD first and then the residency preferences. According to the National Resident Matching Program, allopathic seniors preferred the specialties of radiology, neurological surgery, orthopedic surgery, and plastic surgery. They least preferred to match with a residency in pathology, family medicine, or internal medicine - but you pick any medical school, on an avg 10’s MD graduates largely accept family medicine and Internal Medicine residencies.

On the other hand, osteopathic medical seniors preferred family medicine, pathology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and psychiatry more than other specialties. They were less likely to apply for a residency in otolaryngology, plastic surgery, radiation oncology, and orthopedic surgery.
Here is a snapshot of BS/DO school list. Check each program reqs more closely whether it’s a guaranteed BSDO program or a pathway (no guarantee).
Juniata/LECOM (BS/DO)
NYIT (BS/DO)
Yours to Lose (BS/DO)
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences/LECOM (BS/DO)
Nova Southeastern (NSU BS/DO)
Touro (BS/DO) CA
California Health Sciences (BS/DO) CA
Pitzer College/Western University of Health Sciences (BS/DO) CA

Good luck.

I believe it is Friday. Got a supplemental on Monday through ACPHS and their representative said it was due Friday. The feeder school needs you to submit your application before they can upload your documents. Best to check with the feeder school just to be sure.

Congrats!

Same! Did they confirm your preferred Shark Preview weekend interview date?

1 Like

Same

2 Likes

Did anyone receive an interview email from Rutgers today? (I didn’t.)

I just received an interview invite for Rutgers. Did anyone else?

2 Likes

Congrats! I didn’t yet

Was the email only sent to you? Or was it sent in one batch?

Yup, me too

1 Like

What time did you receive yours?

My interviewer sent it to only me I think.

9:30 AM today

Hopefully Rutgers is not done sending invites.
Still have not heard from them

Any updates on TCNJ or BU?
This one previous year applicants I can, already had interview from BU on Dec 17-18 .

Have NJIT Interviews invites been sent out?

1 Like

Nope not yet