Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

They said Feb 1 I think

1 Like

@aqua_oasis
For the last application cycle (Fall 2021) Case Western PPSP results were announced on April 5th. Call for interviews on Jan 31/Feb 1, and interviews will be held in March per @NoviceDad
Good luck.
Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1) - #5146 by NoviceDad[quote=ā€œaqua_oasis, post:1474, topic:3513271, full:trueā€]
When should we hear back from case western?
[/quote]

2 Likes

Did anyone hear back from URochester or know when they might start sending out interview invites? Thanks!

Hi. My daughter didnā€™t get that email or invited for the interview after submitting supplemental. Feel like thatā€™s a rejection bc at least the email is a ā€œhold.ā€ Anyone else in the same boat?

Are you talking about upstate? What is her feeder school. My daughter got the hold for camparison
email from upstate.

Yes this is for Upstate. She was recommended by a few undergrads. Not sure what to make of not getting a ā€œholdā€ email or interview invite.

Same boat w.r.t. Upstate for my D.

But based on last year (and few messages here), as long as you didnā€™t get reject email, i believe itā€™s safe to say, okay.

Interview for each feeder school by Upstate differs (I guess), last year there wer 4/5 datesā€¦ till Mar.

The Upstate BSMD says accelerated does that mean itā€™s a 7 year program or 6 year because I never saw it clarified on the website.

@Gettingin2college
you can see the duration in the feeder college websites.
Adelphi said itā€™s ā€œ4+4 Guaranteed Entrance Program/ Accelerated Scholars Program Bachelor of Arts, Science or Fine Arts degree from Adelphi/ Doctor of Medicine M.D. from SUNY Upstateā€.
Another feeder college RIT said ā€œUpstate will reserve a place for the RIT graduates to matriculate following the completion of their four-year bachelorā€™s degree.ā€
If you graduate early in the UG part, According to Upstate ā€œBecause seats in each entering class are limited (160 students a year) and of those a specific number of seats are held in advance for early assurance students, we must require you to come the year you were accepted. If students graduate early, they are welcome to take a gap year prior to their anticipated matriculation year.ā€ IMO, it Means you can convert/customize Upstate BSMD program to 6 or 7 year program.

https://www.rit.edu/ntid/tigerlink/2019/04/rit-and-suny-upstate-medical-university-create-pipeline-to-medical-school/

2 Likes

URochester - REMS Interview calls come out usually sometime during the 3rd week of Jan. In the last application cycle (Fall 2021), on Jan 26th, 2021, URochester sent out rejection letters/made interview calls. Good luck.

2 Likes

Does anyone know when Brooklyn College sends interview notifs?

Thanks, appreciate it!

how much scholarship did you get for NYIT BS/DO per year?

are upitt invites over?

Possibly.

how much scholarship did you get?

whenā€™s the deadline for NSU?

did anyone apply to caldwell feeder for NJMS?

As long as you do no have a rejection, have hope.
They have interviews all the way till March.

Yes. Did you receive any update?