***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Could you connect with me as well?

No definitely not without loosing the guaranteed admission.

1 Like

@akpman, No, they do not. One cannot even graduate early into their medical school even if they finish their undergrad early. I do not see a reason unless you want to go for top 10 schools to move out from Hofstra. They improved their rankings so much and their regular admit MCAT is 519. The students match rate is really good including the competitive ones.

3 Likes

Both my kids are into debate and they already had experience with public speaking, getting in front of audience and taking stand or articulating an answer. So in our case we did no prep just because they both said they are comfortable and can handle the process.
Problem they both faced was what would be asked, scope of topics. For a debate, you get prep time of 15 minutes, here it is instant. So that caused stress.

My opinion is, if the child thinks he/she wants to practice, go for it. But if they say they can manage, don’t stress on getting them extra help. But work with them to understand the scope or interview. A few suggested great books in this thread and my daughter looked into those. This helped with stress.

Kids these days have public speaking skills, only thing is they get to be shy when they are in focus and that causes stress and things go downhill from then. When we noticed that with our kids, we encouraged them into debate to bring them out of that shy mode. This sure helped but they still do not go and talk to sales person ever :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes, my DS also did speech and debate (That’s one activity I have asked him to try instead of competing in too many science tournaments. As I said basic prep is needed but don’t waste too much money unless you feel communication skills are lacking.

1 Like

Good day all,

Let’s just suggest “individual views” than make everything “debatable”…:slight_smile: will make it easy for “parents” and will not make any “posting/answering” scary… LOL

None… I mean none can say 100% … this is the ONLY way to crack or get in… (If it had been then there would have been a chatBSMD AI tool by Google or MS for that :slight_smile: LOL

BSMD (or Med) is a big puzzle with many pieces (scores, REI, experience, interview, locations and many more) … some colleges prefer A others B and so on… so prepare your best with equal effort…

Good luck … ciao till next time.

2 Likes

Debate between parents and consultants shall continue :grinning:

1 Like

Has anyone heard from Brooklyn College BA/MD? Does anyone know when decisions will be out?

1 Like

My got invited brooklyn bamd this morning.

3 Likes

Not sure what you are insinuating…

If you are talking about morality/ethics/making $$$ …you can’t stop commercializing anything.

What someone pays consultants is for their work (is it fair or worth… upto them)… is consultants worth or not …again their choice.

Like my Wife says… just because i don’t like a “color” doesn’t mean they stop producing it as there are many who love that color …LOL

Again there are so many info from others (in this forum and at other places)

Peace

Email or in the portal? Should we assume we are rejected if we didn’t hear anything?

She got thru email interview is this week and next week woth zoom

1 Like

Nothing wrong with making money thru good consulting service. I feel some of the opinions have commercial biases but will leave it at that.

2 Likes

How does the Brooklyn BAMD work? Is it in waves, and when will invites be sent out?

Depends on the school. For example, AMC weighs everything after the interview. SUNY Upstate is just the result of the interview. This was the information 1-3 years ago. Ask this question when you interview with the school because how they select can change from year to year.

1 Like

Hello NoviceDad,
What are the interview dates for SUNY Upstate this year? Have all invitations been sent?
TIA

Upstate interviews students till mid-March.
Interviews have been going on since mid-January.
They are held twice a week.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you. Is it MMI interview format?

I read it on reddit that Penn State PMM decisions might be coming out today. I was wondering if anyone heard back. Thanks.

1 Like

I have the same question. All I recieved was an email that I was accepted to the regular college and nothing about the BA/MD. I am not sure if they do interview invites in waves or not.