***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Has anyone heard from Sophie Davis? I’ve heard a few people received interview invites. Does anyone know if they send interview invites in waves or should I assume a rejection.

Anyone heard about when we will get Pitt GAP interviews. My son is still waiting and did not receive any updates. Let me know. Thanks.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Drexel interviews will be traditional or MMI? And what dates are everyone’s scheduled interviews?

• February–March – Invitation-only interviews with Drexel University College of Medicine will be held. The format of the interviews is not known at this time; however, dates and format will be communicated as soon as possible.

Can someone please help respond to this - Is it mandatory to apply for honors program if we are applying for BS/MD? I forgot to apply for Drexel honors program and I am just now realizing that it is highly recommended for BSMD. Am I in big trouble here? Did I already mess up my interview chances even before giving an interview? Please help

As you already received interview, I don’t think it matters. They may give additional scholarship if you are admitted to honors college, but it may not have any impact on interview chance. Wish you the best.

They may come out later this week.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. It makes me feel little better.

1 Like

Has anyone heard about when we will get StonyBrook interviews?

1 Like

They send it out in waves.

@chuck3- In the past, in person interviews were during the 3/4th week of march.

However before this step happens, you need to get accepted to UG and then one of the three Honors programs (WISE, Scholars or Honors) to be considered for Scholars for medicine program. So, these steps are precursor to the interviews.

2 Likes

@Anushi - Pitt staggers their notifications - First UG admission, then scholarship and Honors admission, Pitt GAP supplemental application and finally med school interview and admission…

Usually, interviews for Pitt GAP are in mid-march

2 Likes

Maybe before COVID, interview was in person… Last year, it was on Zoom. Interview invite was sent 3/15/22 and interview was 3/24/22 for D. Because the deadline for BS MD is late (Jan 15), it takes time for them to evaluate and invite.

4 Likes

You said “Interview invite was sent 3/15/22”, but when was the applicant notified about being selected to the interview step?

1 Like

Thank you for the response.

1 Like

You means sophi davis all waves out?

1 Like

Yes

Last year my daughter did not apply for Drexel honors but she got accepted into their BS/MD program.

Last year, Honors college admissions results were sent out on March 9.
BS/MD Interview invites occur after that.

1 Like

Not sure what you meant “interview step”. There was no “interview step”, they just invite you to the interview and you have to select the date of the interview. D chose 3/24/22. Also, as Vicky2019 said, you should have been accepted to undergrad already. I can’t recall if D was accepted to the honor program at the time of BS MD invite. However, I would say 99% of BS MD invitees get accepted in one of the honor programs, unless you really messed up the honor essay. BTW, Honors is the best if you want to have good housing. I don’t suggest WISE or Scholars… you would be housed in old dorm rooms.

3 Likes