Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

i was forwarded through RIT, no news from GWU but i think we hear back in feb.

I believe RIT interviewed students to forward to Upstate. Not sure if all their interviews are done.

I let you decide on that, as next sentence wasn’t addressed by counselor when it was specifically asked. Students may find new glory/interest as higher ranked UGs, not SLU. It is a politically correct statement that students lost interest in medicine, but not at the level described. It is a known fact in premed community that most students are weed out in 1st year by hard STEM classes, Chemistry generally takes honor for that.

Thanks!! so is the SLU Med school acceptance solely based on interview and 500 MCAT? Toledo does not even require MCAT so is that based on interview only? How transparent are these medical school interviews?

~90% of interviewed get a SLU SOM seat, not 100%, Ofc they all met MCAT.

I don’t think RIT had any interviews. Just the supplemental application.

At SLU you also need 3.65 GPA and Toledo has 3.5 no MCAT

From what I learned from this channel, Yes you can choose. I know few people were selected for both earlier.

We were forwarded through RIT but found out through Upstate not through RIT.

We attended a SLU BS/MD info session with students and staff in November. Last year 95% were offered a seat and this year it was 100% who met the criteria were offered a seat

Yes, I also noticed the USF Morsani BS/MD requirements are quite high (3.7 GPA and 515 MCAT). They give full ride scholarship for NMS which is a positive and they have a medical school on campus for research and affiliated hospitals for ECs. My son also got accepted to a DO program so that’s also a backup.

those of y’all that got forwarded by NJIT to NJMS, when did you interview? were you in the first week of interviews?

Thanks for update. It is good to know that it is changed in last 2 years. It doesn’t mean that it will remain 100% for future years, one has to look at history of few years.

My daughter interviewed at the beginning of December. Either 1st or 2nd. One of the last interview days in the invite calendar she was sent.

When does SLU declare result for medical scholar program? Do they conduct interview for admission into medical scholar program ?

All SLU or other EAP hopefuls: If SLU or any EAP is giving you a full ride for UG certainly EAP program is worth to explore. I would recommend, don’t select SOMs based on GPA and MCAT requirements only as MD journey is full of exams, finding shortcuts won’t work. Think GPA and MCAT requirements as additional benefit, not as an easy route.

My D was interviewed on 30th of Nov.

Believe interview is for Presidential Scholarship only. IIRC med scholar is based on application only, no interview.

My D application also forwarded to NJMS from NJIT. We interviewed on Nov 24.

1 Like

Thanks. SLU offered Vice Presidential Scholarship to D at this moment. Hoping to receive interview call for Presidential.