Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Anybody applied to Caldwell for NJMS? Any update from them after 2 short essays.

Again, if you are deciding to apply/accept based on GPA and MCAT requirements, I am sorry to say that you are going in wrong profession as its journey is full of exams, you wonā€™t be able to find shortcut every time, sooner or later it will catch up with you.
If you have multiple acceptances in hand, see which SOMs has better residency outcome that aligns with your interest (I doubt most high schoolers already know what kind of MD they wants to be).

2 Likes

IIRC we also received same 3 years backā€¦

For all whose application got forwarded to NJMS from NJIT, are you in-state or out-of-state? We are OOS.

We have similar thoughts about Toledo and SLU as Doctorpenguin described. I could not agree more. Both have well structured Premed->Med programs whether inside their med schools or outside.

We are not, I was just trying to understand the selection criteria. My son will most likely go to USF if he does not get into any BS/MD because he gets a full ride there for UG and also has been accepted to their Honors program which opens up other opportunities.

1 Like

We are OOS.

I interviewed Dec 2nd (one of the last few days)

Thanks! We will also look into these programs as backup.

Yes. Our conversation with the admissions office last summer suggest several reasons to drop out including the one you both described.

With a UG GPA 3.7 and MCAT > 515, you are a competitive candidate for many medical schools via regular route. Why limit yourself to one ?

IIRC, with USF, you have to apply ED to Morsani Medical School (if you successfully complete all requirements).

you will probably hear in Jan, 2021 from other feeders to NJMS.

Where? lol, it is confusing you quote me as well as reply to another userā€¦

2nd semester sophomore year at the end

we are OOS also

Exactly. Also my similar problem with Drexel. Not for GPA but for MCAT. Nevertheless we applied.

We are waiting to hear too. Did any of you hear from Stevens ?

Can you give an example of some of the curve ball questions

UAlbany Tuition and CoA:

The way they presented in the table confusing you. Thatā€™s full cost of attendance for two semesters including R&B.

Tuition 25K + Fee 3K + R&B 14K+ = 42K+ COA for the year!

They have more fee compared to other schools. T+F = 28K OOS and instate 10K.