Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Also, if someone from D’s school has already been accepted to BU or Brown, for example, does it limit her chances of getting in? Not sure if this is just a myth or real… Thanks

Any of you who got accepted to Temple UG , how many days after your portal showed “acceptance” , did you receive honors information?
My S got accepted per the portal but did not receive honors information yet

Can’t speak for Brown and their Ivy selection policies, but for BU, no. Regular undergrad and BS/MD are two separate paths. Have known more than half a dozen kids from a high school matriculate into different fields there in a particular year, one of them being a BA/MD student.

I assumed you meant to ask their BS/MD programs. Generally SOMs fill their class with ~50 UGs during traditional route and that leaves 2-3 students for those UGs. If I extrapolate that for BD/MD programs it is less likely similar as there are more high schools than UGs, so it is safe to assume that chances are slim to have more than 1 kid from same high school, have seen those cases in other direct programs. YMMV.

my.hofstra.edu portal was updated with “BS-BA/MD (4+4 Program) Supplemental Form” in the forms section on the " Application Status" page. After logging in to my.hofstra.edu, it takes a couple of clicks to get there and see the supplemental form. It says optional. Strange. Applied EA 2 on 12/15. Received portal login/pwd info on 12/19. I noticed the supplemental form on 12/22. No email received to date informing Supplemental is available/due.

Does SUNY Stony Brook sends supplemental application once you complete their UG application on either common app or coalition app? What about the recommendations submitted through common app? Will they get forwarded to ‘Scholars for Medicine’ program?

Reg. Upstate feeders- for the schools we discussed on this forum.

• Only school as per I know interviewed anyone is Adelphi. Last year also someone posted that Adelphi did interview (at lease some, if not all) before forwarding.

• Suny Poly and RIT had additional supplements to submit, but no interviews.

• Suny Purchase, Suny Albany, Syracuse had no additional supplements after CA.

My D is accepted to Temple UG and Honors both. Received USPS mail. I don’t remember if we got an email. Status was updated on portal when we checked after receiving the mail.

Ours is the same too. If you click on the Supplemental Form (Optional) it shows the due date and it is Jan 15th for ours.

Temple UG and scholarships are posted to portal around Nov 11th for EA applicants. Did you do it later than EA?

Same with ACPHS no supplements/interview after CA.

Did you reach out to Hofstra Admissions office about CasperTest confusion? What did they say?

Hey Everyone! I’m a current student in the BU SMED (7 year) program. I received my phone call and email on December 18, asking me to interview on January 24th. I don’t think that schedule is the same this year because of COVID, as students will not be interviewing on campus, so interview invites will go out later. If anyone has any questions about the program or anything in general, please feel free to pm.

3 Likes

Siena/AMC supplements went out literally yesterday, so I think after those are reviewed, applicants from all 3 feeder schools will be sent interview invites at the same time.

Any idea if Penn State gives any merit scholarships? Do students in PMM get any?

@venkat97 Check OU, Tulsa. Normally OU MHSP date is 1/15 but student should have been admitted and then only you will get the link to apply. Check it out if it is not too late.

1 Like

Thank you so much! found it.

Same here, we only have a letter with UG admission and scholarship. But I’m not sure if she applied to Honors.

There is no separate application for Honors. All admitted students are considered for Honors at temple.

My daughter’s letter says she is admitted and is awarded the Dean’s Scholarship, but I don’t see the letter stating Honors anywhere. Does that mean she didn’t qualify for Honors? What does that mean for BSMD? Would you know @grtd2010?