Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Congrats!. How did they tell you that you got accepted into VCU Honors. My D got accepted into VCU but no further news on Honors or BSMD. No update on the portal either.

It has to do how Case has handled Covid fallout among medical students, from rotation to academics to fin aid, name few. simple online search will reveal what you looking for

1 Like

If it helps, my daughter said the email is titled ‘SUNY Invitation to Interview’ and is from admiss@upstate.edu and goes to Spam/Junk folder. She had to search for SUNY to find it. You can also search by sender. Mark it not spam so it doesn’t go to spam anymore, though wage said she did that for an earlier mail from admiss@upstate.edu but this still went to spam.

We have the same question.

Sounds like interviews have come for ACPHS and Polytechnic. Any others?

I think it will be in the regular USPS mail soon. We received yesterday in the mail.

Speaking of USPS, you can sign up on USPS website and it notifies all incoming mails for that day with pictures as long as you are able to manage your anxiety for missing what you are looking for.

1 Like

Thank you. We received it by snail mail.

DD is interviewing for SUNY Poly. She was also forwarded by RIT, Albany, Adelphi and ESF but SUNY Poly was first to forward, and ESF seems to have been last. Wondering if the inputs keep flowing and whether they would change the UG between now and interview date. If anyone knows this, one way or another, we would appreciate you sharing with us.

Apart from safety

People confuse University hospitals with Cleveland clinic

Case Western is tied to university hospital more than Cleveland clinic as later has their own medical school and does not have BS MD

Is anyone applying to OU BA/MD? We submitted normal undergrad admission but are worried that office is closed for holidays? It says we need to be accepted into that before being able to apply to OU program. Does anyone know how many questions are on application as we cannot even access it until undergrad acceptance?

Did you get an email from UAlbany saying you had been forwarded? Thanks.

Only RIT, Adelphi and ESF emailed her she was forwarded. The Upstate Program Director shared with her that Albany and SUNY Poly had also forwarded her.

Its only one day made available for us also. No choice and we chose it.
If one prefers to have early dates, they can get on a waiting list and one available they will call you. But we did not want to go that route.

@Mom22DDs: What did you chose? There is no time choice also for us. It looks like Upsate has preset them. And giving options for those who can’t make it the assigned day with wait list option. my 2c. We will know when more folks get them.

We received our email at 4 am EST today (12/24) and ended up in spam folder. We did not see it until Krystal’s notification email came-in this morning after 10 am EST.

It’s from SUNY Polytech. No sure how did they choose SUNY Poly tech over other feeders.

What grade of 35 ACT is it? Is it 34.5 rounded up to 35 or 35.25, missing the round up to 36 narrowly? I don’t think the science section alone will have any impact compared to the above. I think 1570 SAT is good enough.

We only saw Jan. 18th and Feb. 15th as options, and Jan. 18th was already picked. I don’t know what that means really but she said she picked Feb. 15th. Not sure if we should waitlist for earlier slot, any advice?

They were the first to send their preference for you :slight_smile:

Is it possible to change from one feeder to other based on scholarships offered or some other factor? Do Upstate consider these kind of requests? Is there any disadvantage if later dates are available for interview . It seems very few dates - one in Feb and one in March available. Do they declare result after march interview or after each interview?

@love4bsmd - I have no clue as to how they split (equally or unequally)!

I was told the number (10 seats) by Admissions office when we visited Stony Brook College. However we didn’t ask about the division between various Honors colleges