Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

You are supposed to apply via only one of feeder schools of AMC. Or you could be disqualified. Not sure how strict they follow the rule, but I would stay low profile and not asking AMC or its feeders.

Doesn’t hurt for sure. They’re not going to revoke your ED for you asking them to reconsider you for PLME :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Someone we know got accepted ED into UG but not PLME couple of years ago. He checked to see if he can turn down UG admission and was told it is binding.

1 Like

FYI for all those having issues with SUNY supplements
 Ms Ripa just replied to me today that they will be opening the application back up on Monday so we can submit and they will be available then for any troubleshooting

D received the same. Unnecessary stress during this stressful period.

Yea still no update on UG or BSMD, though I did email Mr. Scheppner and he said that I should get smth in the mail soon.

Got snail Mail rejection for SBU-GW Program, and also honors w/scholarship for NJIT. I think DD also got email last week that she has been forwarded to NJMS.

We also got the forward but nothing about honors/scholarship. Is it full ride as people say about NJIT?

1 Like

This was about $20k/year. They give full tuition to NMS. Full ride is unclear.

When did you apply to SBU-GW?

Not sure but most of my DD’s apps were done 1-2 weeks before each school’s deadline.

1 Like

Congratulations!! I think you will in CA, right? We have not yet received anything other than forwarded to NJMS and Honors. Hopefully on Monday.

Is it possible they upgrade the scholarship offer after official acceptance from NJMS? or this is it

Scholarship comes after NMS is announced and also after NJMS selection. They definitely give full tuition for BSMD and I heard some mention last cycle that it was still full ride for bsmd. Let’s get the admission first :wink:

Yes, we got the mail in CA. NJIT is generous with scholarships so though fee is high, don’t be too concerned yet. We are staying positive about NJMS and then things will fall in place.

If you need the info earlier, you can call them once school opens, which is second or third week of Jan.

1 Like

Pretty sure we got SBU-GW rejection too but we are not at home to receive the official letter. Also, when should we expect to hear from Upstate about an interview? Thanks!

Looks like it might be rolling cos they seem to have sent supplements last Monday. Maybe they’ll keep sending some each Monday?

@Futurdoc Congratulations and Good Luck with your W&J/Temple interview. Can you please let me know the word count that you wrote for supplementals of W&J/Temple. Thanks

Only 5 days until January
 big month for the kiddos. :grimacing:

Hello everyone! Just had a quick question for those who applied to UIC’s GPPA program. Have they heard anything back yet? I did receive an invitation to take the CASper test but wondering if that means anything? Thanks!

It seems UIC GPPA has sent interview notifications as per a post by @Sooar78 here a few days ago.