Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Agree. We didn’t target to change domicile or apply to be instate. DD thinks the award could be due to her MCAT scores and GPA, but we don’t know for sure. I’ll share when we get more info.

A lot of medical schools may give awards/merit scholarship to incoming first year students based on MCAT score and UG GPA. The criteria may change in the subsequent years in medical school.

There is a process to change domicile to NJ, attending a medical school in NJ may not be enough, IMO. Please call appropriate authorities in NJ to confirm the process and criteria for that.
If NJMS gives an educational award, it should apply to all incoming first year students, of course based on some criteria, IMO.

I am sure she had less stressful UG time and given it’s free you can’t complain :slight_smile: It all comes down to what is more valuable to the kid and we are all about making sure they are happy, thriving and meeting their own expectations not parents .

2 Likes

For the AMC supplement, should the 3 most meaningful experiences also be listed in the list of experiences in general? I’m a little confused on this

NJIT is a premier engineering institution in NJ and NJMS BSMD cohort is a very small part of it. NJIT ADHC caters to whole NJIT which is a much larger audience.

1 Like

We listed the same in both places… Not sure if this is right…

Congratulations and Good Luck with your W&J/Temple interview. Can you please let me know the word count that you restricted/wrote for supplemental’s of W&J/Temple. Thanks

@jamilallan1028

I also received the CASPER invitation but was not selected for UIC GPPA interview. Some of my friends have received an interview however. Looks like CASPER invitation doesn’t imply getting an interview. @Sooar78 do you know if they are still sending interviews out?

Yes, UIC GPPA Medicine interviews have been sent out. I have not received an interview myself, but know others who have. In past years, all interviews have been sent out on the same date so it is likely that they are already done sending out interviews

Yup, that’s what my daughter did. She selected 3 most meaningful out of that list.

That’s so weird, I was under the impression that those with CASper invitations also had interviews, at least that’s what @Sooar78 said in an earlier post. I emailed GPPA admissions and haven’t heard back yet. Hopefully, they are doing it in waves :((
@DesiGirl267 did you take it yet? Because my email said to take it in January?

I took it in December. I think @Sumjum began the association between CASPER and interviews. I am pretty sure that the Casper test doesn’t indicate whether you will receive an interview or not. @jamilallan1028 emailing GPPA admissions is probably the best way to get an accurate answer.

I searched up the word count for the regular route Temple supplements and used those as a guide

Can anyone please tell me the word count for Stony brook Bs/Md supplement? I think you’ll know this after receiving the portal. My D has not yet submitted the application so no portal yet but trying to finish the essay.

Why med had a word limit of 650. The Honors, not sure but was also 650, I think.

Thank you so much!

For SBU-
Honors prompt is NOT an essay its just a brief statement about why you believe you will be a good fit for the selected honors program.

1 Like

Is there any place where I can find possible interview questions for BSMD programs?

For Brown PLME can we submit essays first and then submit video on a later date or should everything be submitted on the same day.