Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

You cannot submit video with essays… essays are submitted via common app… and when you get the application status link few days later, then you submit the video from there.

1 Like

Thank you, but Here is breakdown of 35 ACT(36R, 36W, 35M, 34S), writing 10/12 and SAT(770 RW, 800M), but writing did very bad 19/24, so since perfect on reading and writing in ACT would cover up for writing in SAT. That’s thought to submit both or not but in ACT both Math and Science score is not good so that’s kind of reason we submitted the SAT for all BSMD schools, but thinking what to do for UG top schools including Ivy’s.

@Vicky2019 Thank you, my son did apply REA to his dream school Harvard but was deferred. But we only reported SAT, do you think we should self report ACT also in their portal or does not make any difference. As I mention (36R, 36W, 35M, 34S) and since Math and Science are lower end did not submitted to Harvard at all.

1 Like

I was chosen for a SUNY Upstate interview and was wondering if it was in person or virtual?

Also, while I got the congratulations email from Ms.Ripa and my portal reflects my interview status, I didn’t get the initial email with all of the details regarding an interview and it wasn’t even in my spam. Any suggestions?

Emailed SLU MedScholarsProgram about their program statistics and received this.

"Typically, there are about 100 freshmen starting the Medical Scholar program every year. About 60-70 % of those continue after their freshman year. Out of those who stay, most of them (more than 90%) will get accepted to med school after their sophomore year. "

2 Likes

Folks mentioned they wrote to her and she got back to them. Did you try searching for email with ‘SUNY’ in the title? My DD searched for Upstate and didn’t find it. Then she searched for SUNY and found it in spam. The email is from admiss@upstate.edu if that helps.

Pretty much conquered what we had from 3 years back.

Hi I just received my AMC supplement today. However, when I log onto the portal and click “Supplemental Application” it says that the deadline has expired, even though my essays are not due until January 4th. Has anyone else had this issue too? I will definitely try to contact the admission office tomorrow but I’m worried I won’t get an answer because its holiday break.

My Ds application main page was also dated different with a past deadline. However in the email she received, it clearly said that one gets 7 full days to complete it and the 7th day deadline was clearly stated on it. Also once the application opened up, it stated that the application would time out by itself at the end of the 7th day. She was able to submit and pay the fee successfully even with the past deadline date that stated on the first page.
So as long as you have the initial email stating that you have 7 days to fill out from the date you received and if you are able to access the application itself, I feel you are good to go. There is an email and a number provided in the first email if you have any doubt. I would ask if you cannot access the application itself. Hope this helps.

The SUNY UPSTATE app is still not working. Id imagine the same for everyone else right?

For Upstate interview recipients, did you receive this e-mail before your interview invite?——
This email is to inform you that your application to SUNY Upstate Medical University is now complete. Once the Committee has completed their evaluation of your application and credentials, a status notification will be sent to you informing you of their decision.

I also got this email

Not exactly that , but something similar like “Your application has been received. Please allow 2 business days to process”

Where in the portal is it reflected?

I had the same question too. Are you looking at your overall SUNY portal? where do you see it updated that you’ve been invited to interview? Would you please share @bsmdapplicant123?

Did you get email from Krystal that you are being invited for the interview? That would indicate you received the interview invite, and you’ll likely find an email from admiss@upstate.edu with SUNY in title giving you interview details.

If you have neither the email from Krystal nor the interview invite, they haven’t likely gotten to review your submission yet.

Hope that helps @Herefortwo.

It was reflected on my SUNY upstate portal - the same portal where I submitted by supplemental application.

in the suny upstate portal where the supplemental application was submitted

Got it. Folks have been emailing Krystal and someone mentioned she responded even during the break. You should write to her so she can resend you the email, though she may only get to it after New Year.

Question for senior members
Would you recommend choosing " B.S. Biological Sciences" major at mellon college of science - Carnegie mellon for Undergraduate . Do you have any other major suggestions for pre med track at CMU?

They dont seem to have public health major

1 Like