Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

What prompted you to ask this question in a BSMD forum??

IMO, CMU is a great place for Engineering and Computer Science. Rutgers-NB may be much better for a pre-med UG( Choose any biological sciences fields as a major). If interested, Computational Biology is a major at CMU under Computer Science department.

2 Likes

Hi, I was just answering the Q regarding that specific email. Yes as for the invite, D got a congratulatory email and she could book her interview date. Her interview invite came just after two days of submitting her application which I thought was very fast!

Ouch, I just asked my D, she said her answer was not brief! Oh well, too late now. lol

Hi! I was wondering if the applicants for this cycle had research opportunities, shadowing, or hospital/lab? Due to COVID, it was very hard to be in the hospital/lab. Please respond. Thank you!

Hi, Congratulations! From which feeder school was your D referred from?

Got picked from 5 out of 6 - ACPHS, Adelphi purchase, Poly and ESF. Albany didn’t forward. This and downstate are the ones she really is looking as we would need only in state tuition. RIT Syracuse didn’t apply for that reason as well. Let’s see.

@Herefortwo, Congrats! How do you know albany didn’t forward? I think they said you can hear from them only in January.

Congratulations !!! Which college did Upstate choose as your interview school?

Did anybody hear from VCU? Through snail mail, D got a letter of acceptance for VCU honor college today. When do they make decision for interview?

Same here. My D got into VCU UG + Honors + Provost scholarship - but no further news. May be we will hear something around mid-Jan.

1 Like

Thank you. How did she know about Provost scholarship? Did they send this info along with Honors admission letter?

@rk1235rk and @Yashi123 , You will hear from VCU only in the last week of January. They mentioned in their website that the committee meets in the 3rd of January and let you know in the last week of Jan.

I have the same question.

She had emailed Ripa and and she gave the list, Albany was not there

I think they told my daughter in the undergrad acceptance that she will hear about BSMD only in January.

Here is the statement from VCU website

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all interviews will be conducted virtually. The selection committee meets in the third week of January to review complete applications; all applicants are notified later that month by email whether they’ve been invited for interviews. Interviews are conducted in January, February and March. Because of the limited number of guaranteed positions, not all applicants are interviewed, even though they may be highly qualified.

Which one did she get specified for interview?

Scholarship and Honors acceptance for VCU came via USPS mail. Separate mails.

I got VCU undergrad acceptance with presidential scholarship but nothing on honors college or bs/md program.