Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

This link has all scholarship info:
VCU Scholarships

@RR3600, are you instate for VCU?

Im OOS.

Has anyone applied to Rutgers BSMD here? Any word from them?

My D got the same. Scholarship info came as an email about 2 weeks back and Honors College admission letter came last week in snail mail. No word on BS/MD.

Haven’t heard back after interview yet.

Did anyone else get an email from Upstate today saying that their application is now complete and the committee will review it?

Yes we got it yesterday late night

Wait your application portal is working and let you submit an app?

No. Submitted a while ago. Got this email today.

Ok. What email did you send your high school transcript to?

how did you alr recieve notification for ug? im pretty sure applicants to ppsp can only apply under ed or rd

Nothing yet, not even for UG in my Son’s case. Waiting

1 Like

Did you apply Case Western EA? I applied RD and BS/MD and have no update

1 Like

When is Brown PLME deadline? January 5 for both application and supplement right?

Yes

I am pretty sure that if you are not allowed to do EA for Case Western if you want to apply for PPSP

1 Like

" Applying to the Pre-Professional Scholars Program

To apply to the Pre-Professional Scholars Program, select Regular Decision or Early Decision I as your preferred admission plan. Later in the application, you can indicate your interest in applying for PPSP.

If you apply Regular Decision and are not selected as a PPSP finalist, you can be considered under the Regular Decision admission plan.

If you apply as a PPSP candidate under Early Decision I, you commit to attending Case Western Reserve if admitted to the undergraduate program—regardless of whether you are selected as a finalist for PPSP. You must make this commitment before you would know about your status with PPSP."

@muscarf - Getting deferred from Harvard means he had stats for getting into Harvard. Congratulations! that is a good achievement by itself.
They just want to consider him for admission once again with the regular decision pool.

Self reporting ACT (when SAT results were already submitted) is not necessary.

Some of the achievements which students should definitely inform a school like Harvard upon getting deferred, is he/she gets selected as national finalist in Sports, music, art or National level science fair award (Intel) or STEM olympiad at national level or publication of research paper etc. after his/her REA submission.

Even if no other achievement since REA submission, the best action is to send an email to the admission office telling them of your son’s interest in joining and then wait until end of March (ivy decision day)!

1 Like

Yes! you are right. Case western doesn’t accept EA applications for CWRU PPSP program. Students can only apply for ED and RD.