Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

I think the assumption is based how AMC did in the past seasons?

Here is the update from FAU. The admissions officer Sienna Del Mastro (561-799-8462) for Medical Pipelines program called and she asked to use Firefox instead of Chrome or IE. Also asked to make sure no field is left blank to successfully submit the application. They are willing to consider in the last minute if there are any technical issues. If you’re having issues, please call her and leave a voice mail. She is so nice to give her cell phone number and asked my D to text her if there are issues in the last minute.

1 Like

Did you try sending them an email to check?

Did you send them an email to check?

i havent but im under the assumption that if it happened to a lot of people, then it should be fine (hopefully).

Thanks @mygrad2021 for the tips. We will try it and see if that works.

D received an email inviting her for AMC interview.

3 Likes

Firefox browser did not work either for FAU. I don’t think it’s browser issue.
Once you click the arrow the following message shows up, but does not highlight if anything is missing.

*Please answer this question.

she said not to leave any field blank. Just check all fields and see.

Thank you @mygrad2021
Applied FAU over commonapp just yesterday 1/4. Any idea how long it takes to receive the Z number? Appreciated.

I think it shouldn’t take long. If I remember correctly, my D received probably in a day or two but I am not sure if you must be accepted to their undergrad to apply to BS/MD.

Correct. My S applied to their undergrad to apply for BS/MD. FAU’s BS/MD application is asking for Z number. We have 3 more days for receiving Z number. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Congrates. Is it RPI to Amc? When did she submit application and supplemental essays?

Regarding AMC, I believe they interview upto 80 students on a rolling basis till March and ultimately accept 15 from each feeder school.

Yes, it is through RPI/AMC. She submitted her AMC supplemental application on 12/22.

AMC interview invite email also mentions this number : 80. But I am not sure if this is total number of interviews they do altogether for all feeder schools (Siena, Union and RPI) or just RPI (from where my D has applied).

If they do 80 total and selects 45 - it gives more than 50% chance of getting in. Can someone familiar with these program shed some light? Also, if they give 15 acceptances for each of the feeder school, most likely not all will join. So any idea approx. how many students out of 15 join in each feeder school? My D applied via RPI, does anyone know how many BSMD students join RPI/AMC program each year?

S’s friend is in RPI/AMC. Approximately 10 to 11 join each year.

Approximately 15 in Union as well and about 60 interviewed.

we also got the number 80 in the emaila nd we are Union/AMC. So I assume its 80 for all the feeder schools together.

80 accepted right? Because 80 interviewed seems inaccurate as Union itself has 60 interviewed