Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

I’ll keep trying with the info I have. if someone did manage to get in, would you please call out that they could join?

I called and spoke to some one. She provided the same meeting ID and pwd. She is going to work with the tech team and get back to me. She got my number though

1 Like

ok. we can all wait to hear from you then, and keep trying meanwhile :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is the message I got

Please let them know it has been rescheduled for 2:00.

Meeting ID is 811 4267 3478

Pass Code is 302369

1 Like

@confident2021 Thanks.

PMM Financial Aid Rescheduled to 2 pm

thx

My DD told me they have rescheduled the session to 11am PST and will share a different link.

1 Like

Yep, meeting ID changed from 830 0943 1873 to 811 4267 3478

1 Like

This ID and pwd looks correct. Thanks again.

My interview with AMC is coming soon and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for answering MMI style interview questions?

If there are other hiccups with PMM today, you can e-mail them at: skmc.pmm@gmail.com

2 Likes

I am sure PMM or any program for that matter receive far more applications with excellent backgrounds than they can accommodate. Since the typical profile of any applicant to these programs is nothing below excellent. Others won’t even bother applying. That makes it exceedingly difficult for these program folks deciding whom to pick for the interview and whom not to. Even if they want to speak to all the wonderful applicants, logistics will prevent that. Same goes with final acceptances too.

1 Like

I am sure all kids invited are of high caliber and deserving.
And I wish all of them the very best.

My comment was due to the fact PennState decided within 2 weeks of the deadline the list of students - that has not happened in the recent past.
Also, in the past, it has been extremely rare for multiple schools to have multiple students. And they have looked for diversity among schools.

2 Likes

Do you think Penn State will admit multiple students from one school, or are they looking to reject?

At this point, all students are on a more or less equal footing.
Schools will matter less.

@RG1972 - I would say that you should take it as an invite and schedule the interview.

I feel the previous rejection email looks like a mistake…

Congratulations and Good Luck on the interview!

@InspireTruth

Answered this earlier in the day, not impossible but very unlikely. The only such instance I have come across on this forum in the past 4 years was from BU. 3 students from the same school getting interviews, all of them academically and credentials wise very strong and 2 of them getting accepted. One of them had a very strong sports profile and the other had super strong research.

Nevertheless don’t distract yourself with these thoughts and put in your best efforts for now. As mentioned earlier, a valedictorian with perfect stats may be turned down but someone else may get picked.

1 Like

@Vicky2019
Thanks a lot. I will ask him to schedule an interview as soon as done with his PMM interview today. Thanks again.

1 Like

@Mom22DDs - I agree with you that only exceptional kids are invited for interview by BS/MD and finally admitted.

Regarding this (2021) cycle in particular - Due to COVID - all BS/MD program’s as well as the UG colleges had to change a lot and do things differently while keeping the same bar (similar to previous years)

Regarding diversity - In my opinion, not BS/MD have the same take on diversity.
Most selective (Northwestern HPME and WashU etc.) usually get cream students in their regular MD cycle. So, they were more concerned about finding unique kids in BS/MD cycle.
On the other hand, all other BS/MD programs have usually taken students with excellent stats/ECs who want to be doctors. Diversity in the class may still be important but the “definition of diversity” may not the same!

Having said the above, it is rare to see students from same high school or even the same state being in the same BS/MD program.