Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

True indeed! Another one of the famous alumni of BU (PhD). :slight_smile:

If I remember correctly also met his future spouse while at Boston.

1 Like

They never update the stats on the number of applicants and all that. Have been seeing the same numbers and figures for about half a dozen years and bet will be the same next year too. The only thing they seem to change is the application deadline date.

As per someone from 2018 thread, the number of matriculates in that batch was 16.

Which school are you referring to?

I guess he wasn’t aware of SMED at that time :slight_smile:

When (what date) do the kids would know if they are invited for the BS/MD interview for Temple University? Any idea on the qualifying factors for them?

The interview for Temple Health Scholars is usually held during 2nd Friday in Feb for all invitees based on past history. The interview invites should be coming soon. Be yourself during the interview. It is not like other BSMD interview e.g. with NJMS, IMO. If selected and joined the program, the medical school interview with LKSOM is held during Spring semester in junior year of UG.

DD got a rejection from AMC this afternoon.

Which feeder was this through?

Does anyone have the numbers of applicants who are forwarded to AMC versus those who receive interviews?

Hang tough, all you need is one.

DS got rejected before the Baylor2Baylor event, along with VCU and SBU/GWU.

My son has not heard after acceptance into Hons program at Temple. Seems like he did not make it to the interview.

She applied through RPI.

@BSMDMOM2021 Sorry to hear that. Hope your D gets some good news from other colleges.

My S got an invite from AMC and scheduled an interview for March 2nd. But RPI updated his portal that AMC rejected his application :slight_smile: It’s kinda weird… My S sent a message to RPI that he scheduled an interview with AMC. Let’s see what will happen

Have they sent out interviews yet?

Anyone heard back for the GW/GW program ?

I have not, but others have.

Thanks !!

Ok. Thanks. Do you think the deadline has passed for the interview?

Yes, my son received an email inviting him for an interview about mid week last week.

Sorry to hear that, happened to us too.