Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

No not stressed just upset

1 Like

not bsmd related
 but how important are alumni interviews for ivy leagues, does it have any value or more of a formality to weed out really bad exceptions.

Congrats !!

When did your D had an interview? How was your D’s interview experience?

I think for most of them it is based on availability and the alumni coverage.

I will say though I know Yale is slightly different. They apparently interview students about whom they “need more information.” We are choosing to look at my son’s interview as a positive there- at least it wasn’t an automatic denial! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My yale interviewer won’t respond back to me with a time rip lol

Reminds me from C’s cycle, interview with Yale alumnus was the first one and went great and the best interview ever. He is a lawyer and spent almost an hour with C on a saturday morning. Second best was with MIT alumnus a month or two later.

Not sure if they mattered though because C was not selected into either :man_shrugging:

Didn’t matter much, C would not have joined even if selected for Yale or MIT.

@doctorpenguin

Have you considered bringing the issue to the attention of Ms. Ripa being referred to here so often?

So grateful that my DC also got a call from Ms.Ripa about her acceptance! She was in class so didn’t pick up the phone. I am at work and when I saw Yashis post here, I asked her about any missed calls. She found a Syracuse number and called back. Ms. Ripa told her about her acceptance!

All by Gods grace. We have twins and these are our first borns. Going through this application process with no prior experience doing it twice at the same time for different combined programs with them was hard. This forum has helped us a lot, I mean a lot. We are eternally grateful.

Our Son got picked by a bunch of direct entry DPT programs and now She has this. It’s good to know they both have been picked.

7 Likes

Congrats to all who got Upstate selections today. Best for all the rest.

@Herefortwo and @Yashi123 - Hearty Congratulations! Are you instate or OOS?

When was her interview?

Congratulations on your DC acceptance to Upstate @Herefortwo @Yashi123.
Its so relieving to have one in hand so early! Cheers.

Your interviews were both on Jan 6th, right? Were there any other interview dates in January?

We are in instate.

@Herefortwo and @Yashi123. Congratulations on your DC acceptance to Upstate.

1 Like

Jan 6th. At the general session they said the next interview dates will be Feb15 and March 8th. Though DC didn’t get any other dates for the interview to choose from, just the Jan 6th date.

1 Like

Congratulations !!! Well deserved one.

1 Like

Thank You. She is OOS candidate.

Congratulations and best wishes !!

1 Like

Yes, it was Jan 6th.

Sorry to hear that. Lot of folks had submitted the supplements after New year’s holiday due to the technical issues Upstate had. Did any others receive interview invites during/after 2nd week of January?

I heard from one of the feeder schools that Upstate will filter out some applicants before offering interviews from the 25 forwarded to them.

The entire process is little obscure and adding further anxiety to the already stressful bsmd application process.

1 Like