Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Thanks! D had interview with both TCNJ and NJIT but still didn’t hear from TCNJ. NJIT forwarded so assuming it’s NJIT. We’re bit happy as this is my D’s first interview notification so far.

1 Like

Anyone completed their NJMS interview? My D’s NJMS interview (think it is with medical school faculty) is coming up. Should we expect lots of question/answers or more of a conversational type interview. Any pointers would be helpful.

Did anyone hear back from UConn’s Spim program? Calls/emails for interviews should be happening around now but I haven’t heard anything yet. What date are calls/interviews coming out? thanks

1 Like

conversation; had mine last week

I did contact BU regarding my S’s status and got the below reply. I hope few more calls from BU. Fingers crossed…

Message from BU:

Thank you for contacting Boston University Undergraduate Admissions.

I can confirm we have received your application for the Seven-Year Accelerated Medical program. All applicants will receive their final admissions decision with our Regular Decision candidates in late March.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply to this email or call 617-353-2300 to speak with an Enrollment Service Advisor.

Thanks @aspiringbsmd2021

REMS rejection (email under Promotions tab)

How many people are interviewed for REMS? Also is it just a traditional interview?

After seeing all the posts about BU and GWU interview invites here and not getting any updates from them, DC e-mailed both school’s pre-health committee.

BU replied that they will be sending invitations until mid-February

GWU replied said they will be sending invitations until end of February.

Hope this helps.

Congratulation to all those who have received interview invitations and/or acceptances !!!

3 Likes

Interesting… I emailed GWU today and they said they would be done by end of January.

still haven’t received an email about REMS (checked spam and everything), but my portal has a “college opt-in” option with a rejection. so i guess i can cross REMS off my list. was my favorite, but oh well you win some and lose some :’ )

Thank you so much!

We got rejection email from Rems today. Good luck to other members in the group.

Rejected - REMS.
Waiting for NJMS interview

Received rejection from REMS.

1 Like

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Thanks @NoviceDad !

I’m sorry to hear that. Just know that you’ll do great things. I know it’s such a cliche thing we hear around this time, but trust me. You’re already applying to MED SCHOOL. You’re a dope ■■■■ and there’s no doubt that you’re smart and motivated.

edit: wow, censorship is no joke on this site. I said M0Fo

IMO, the alumni interviews do not matter much. D had a few at Ivies and Stanford (with a business school alumni).

haha thank you!! this cycle is craaazzzyyyy so we’re all in for a huge roller coaster ride lol