Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Yep, my biggest complaint is why the SOMs don’t take the Letters of Recommendations already loaded into the Common App?

Why do they always tell you to ask your recommenders to send in separate LORs?

I think most recommenders will be relieved after this cycle is over.

Simple, SOMs are not dealing with Common App, rather they deal with AMCAS (Common App version for UGs) and High schoolars don’t deal with AMCAS.

So we also heard from Texas A&M S2M program today. Got a rejection
3 rejections in last 3days ( A&M, Rice-Baylor, CWRU). Have still not heard from BU so I assume that is also negative. Recieved a rejection from Baylor2Baylor also last month.
Now waiting to hear from Brown and Penn State post interview.

Any advice for someone preparing for Rice/Baylor Med interview? Thanks!

2 Likes

@PPofEngrDr

With the explosion of BS/MD applications this year and the likely continued growth for future cycles, the SOMs should work with AMCAS on porting over the LORs from Common App.

1 Like

I know right! I feel like such a hassle cause I gotta keep asking them to send stuff to different areas.

well, if that is the reason to have ties, they would increase the medical seats first, but that’s not the case. If it gives you comfort, traditional route applicants were up 18% this year, yet the number of seats remain static.

when are the penn state results coming out?

Did you had an interview with brown?

whenever I see that kind of admission processes, broken links, lack of information on their sites, etc., it always makes me question their academic capabilities.
But remember it is a seller’s market.

3 Likes

Brown does not have interview.

Feb 15

I finally got a rejection from Rice/Baylor

Congratulations

So I’m applying for the stony brook program and they say to upload the essays to your application portal, but I haven’t been given the information to access my portal yet. What should I do? I have the essays completed

We are waiting for the Texas A&M S2M program results, how did you receive the status? email or portal? please let me know the portal link?

The first step is to apply to Stony Brook using the Common App or SUNY App or Coalition App. When did you apply?

Anyone know how group interviews look like?

Usually it’s discussion based with a group of other applicants. The one I had they asked us questions like “what do you do for fun” “what are you watching on Netflix?”

which interview is that?