Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

FAU will accept non-NMFs and non-residents per this thread: FAU Honors College (Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College) - #6 by friday1064

That one was St. Bonaventure

I was also accepted via Adelphi University to the SUNY Upstate Accelerated Scholars Program :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

5 Likes

Yep, that is what I said, FAU may have a preference for IS and/or NMF.

I did not say they ONLY accept IS and NMF.

If a person is invited for interview, then your chances are good, regardless of IS or NMF status.

2 Likes

Anyone has any opinion on FAU? Is there anyone here in CC whose kids are studying in FAU?

Through email.

Congrats !!

When did you have the interview ? I believe there are 2 interviews. Do they ask general questions?

Ask on this thread: FAU Honors College (Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College) - #11 by 2021BSMD

The Feeder School Interview were about 6 or so traditional college interview questions (i.e. how you describe yourself, discuss your ECs, Why Medicine, Why Our School)

Upstate Interview

• 25 min with Ad Com (Make sure you nail this one). questions about why medicine and what are your clinical experiences.
  • 25 min with an MD from Upstate (Opportunity to ask questions for yourself, they also ask about your clinical experiences).

Try to talk about multiple experiences. Do NOT be nervous because it’s literally like a conversation with a new a friend.

Hmu with anymore questions :slight_smile:

my Upstate interview was a bit different. i had a current med student and then an ad com. the med studnet’s questions were more medically related while the ad com one was more relaxed and general. overall, this was one of my most relaxed interviews by far.

1 Like

Have they posted this date anywhere? Or did you receive an email about it?

What date are you asking about?

You mentioned Penn state results are coming out on Feb 15th. I wanted to know how you came to know about this date? Thanks.

Somebody had mentioned in this group a few days ago.

Ohh, thanks

Anyone heard from FAU today?

As someone posted before and according to their webpage, invites are supposed to start going out today: Bachelor's/M.D. Dual Degree Programs | College of Medicine | Florida Atlantic University

when do pitt GAP interview come out? i can’t access my portal anymore for some reason

we are unable to access the Pitt GAP portal as well. any suggestions?

i believe they said notifications will be out by feb. 15

Not us, no notification