Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Who knows what Nor’easter is causing on east coast.

Yes my D called BU and she got a message that it is closed due to inclement weather.

Huh that’s odd. The actual medical school portal?

Anything ethics related?

oh okay thank you!! so it is more of just a casual convo with other applicants and not like the individual interview

1 Like

It may be more than a causal conversation. The small group may be asked to perform a task and the interviewers observe the group dynamics. Individual interviews may follow afterwards.

1 Like

do a task???

Yes, e.g. based on a given situation, group may be asked to recommend a set of action in a finite time. Physicians may have to do similar things during their daily routine work.

Yeah possibly but that’s chill! going to be weird on a zoom setting though

@lojo23 @2021BSMD Last year the GAP interview was sent to students via email on February 7th, with the initial interview dates options being March 16th-March 19th.

That’s strange that the GAP Portal is down again. I remember it being down several days around this time too. What a great cause of stress!

@pineapple777 @REMSHOPEFUL123 Group scenarios range from hypothetical medical/ethical dilemmas to fun team exercises.

Maybe it goes down when they are reviewing your app? It is still up for me

same here!!

Thank you so much !!

Did anyone receive any scholarship from FAU?

how do i prep for those

Yes, we did get a letter few weeks ago. Can’t remember exact amount. But I think something like 17-18k per year.

1 Like

I don’t think I got a scholarship package yet. Is it a full ride for NMF?

Yes

I think FAU gives full ride to NMF. Their tuition is also very reasonable as compared to some other colleges. In-State = $4800, OOS = $17000.

1 Like