Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Does anyone know the admissions statistics for NJMS? Like what percentage of the people interviewed are offered admission?

For TCNJ: 50% of interviewees are accepted
For NJIT: Slightly less that that figure

Source: Websites for each feeder

I assume that being forwarded by multiple feeders will slightly increase chances.

1 Like

Even if one can afford it, one can use the money for medical school COA by attending a cheaper UG alternative.

1 Like

NJIT is about 33% according to their website.

It may not be true at all. The ad com has already seen your application and extended an interview invitation. After interview, the older information from feeder schools may be irrelevant (their comments). The interviewer’s report is the new information now. If you did not do well in interview, what good is the fact that many feeders have forwarded your application ?

We received NJMS interview invite today and we sent a passport photo instead of govt. issued drivers license or passport . How do we correct this issue ?

you can send them another email with passport/DL.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard from FAU yet?

I haven’t heard much about BU lately, are they done with interview calls? I was hoping for one as BU was my top choice :((

Any one heard from University of South Alabama?

Just checked FAU portal for my DC status and found the below message. No word about BSMD interview or status. Is the below message standard for UG acceptance?
Decision Status: Accepted
Congratulations on your acceptance to Florida Atlantic University!
Your offer of admission is a recognition of your academic excellence. We hope you take pride and celebrate this achievement: it is Owlfficial!
Florida Atlantic University is a place where explorers are discovering their dreams and passions. With Unbridled Ambition ® , you have the power to navigate your journey.
This is the first step on your path to enrolling at FAU. The OwlDone Portal will help you navigate the following steps for enrollment at FAU.
We will see you around campus during Fall 2021!

Has anyone who had interviewed with Rutgers UG, heard from NJMS yet? NJMS interview goes by the feeder schools?

Yes it’s regular undergrad

1 Like

Wow, no wonder the main feeder HS to UMD Honors Program, is the super magnet HS in the state. I’ve heard they go for UMD Honors w/ full ride over the top 10.
https://www.ils.umd.edu/pre-professional-education
“4. The data available from the HPAO indicates that previous cohorts of UMD Honors students in life sciences majors have medical school acceptance rates above 80%. We anticipate that due to the above programs, the cohorts of ILS students should have comparable or even higher acceptance rates.”

1 Like

Are you from the bay area?

Most of the big name schools also have good need based financial aid. Something to keep in mind while deciding on these schools.

Why

someone on this thread mentioned that they will send out for the next 2 weeks too.

they will send out BSMD interviews this week per earlier msgs here and FAU site info

Does your daughter know anyone who got REMS interview? I think I know your daughter IRL haha, me and her have been to the same parties many times