Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Thanks.

For Med Direct BSMD program at Boca campus Honors selection is not required.
For Wilkes Medical Scholars BSMD program at Jupiter campus is of course part is Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College. You can apply to either of the programs. They have 6 spots in SOM for each of those programs.

1 Like

My DD did. She is interviewing next week.

1 Like

@mom2boys1999 Wish your kid all the best for GW program.
IIRC, its one of his/your favorite bsmd programs, right?

1 Like

Anyone on insight to Drexel bs/md interview?

@love4bsmd

It is definitely a fave. He loves DC, his brother is there at school, we the parents just relocated about 3 hours from it, and he truly liked the school. Plus it is accelerated so a year of savings on that med school tuition is a dream. Last night we were playing the “what if” game. I am just putting out so much positive energy for him!

It’s been a YEAR for that kid too, both at home and in the world. All our kids- what a way to end your high school time :frowning:

Hofstra should be coming out soon too. They have their interview dates starting the first week in March.

Good luck with the GW interview.

It is a really nice program. Few years ago during C’s application cycle, we bumped into this student at multiple interviews, open houses/info sessions, orientations etc. Found out by the end of the cycle that s/he was selected in about half a dozen 7 year BS/MD programs, apparently chose not to apply to any 8 year programs, otherwise the count could have been even higher. S/he chose to go to GWU program in preference over better known names where got accepted into, for the location, proximity to family and also liked the program.

1 Like

Do you know interview statistics for GW?

Are you in-state or OOS?

No, not really, but heard it used to be about 10 intake, with 3 or so in wait list. So I would imagine about 25 will be accepted (2:1) out of may be 40 or so interviewees.

1 Like

@Mom22DDs , Thanks and good luck for your DD! Do you know if the interview notifications are rolling or UConn is done sending all the invites? My DC hasnt recieved anything yet, we sent an email but didnt get a response. I am not sure UConn even sends rejection emails?

1 Like

I just had my interview for sophie davis yesterday, if you are selected for an interview, keep checking your emails from the CUNY School of Medicine

1 Like

@Shanmuga20 and @2FutureBSMDsMom - My DD is OOS. She was asked to provide order of preference for interview availability for certain dates and informed that her date will be communicated to her once all responses are received. Going by that, it looked like all interviews are being conducted next week. I would still recommend calling the school to check if they might be interviewing in batches with just the first batch now being identified.

1 Like

Thanks!! Good luck to your DD for the interview.

1 Like

Called BU today. I was told that interview invites are still going out but the person who answered the phone did not know the last day for invites. She also told me that a rejection will not be sent for BSMD since the students will still be considered for regular UG. A final rejection/acceptance will be sent in late March after regular UG decisions are made. Interview invites will come via phone call and email.
So till have a glimmer of hope but really no hope for BU.

Good luck to your son for the Interview! Do you know if is all the interviewees selected for the same day interview or is each individual. I was wondering if they are done inviting more interviews.

1 Like

I am scheduled for Monday too!

1 Like

I think for BU if you are not selected at all for BSMD interview process, you still have to tell them may be like end of February I guess when they are done that you are still interested in their 4 year UG school, otherwise you will get rejection from them if you did not get selected for the BSMD.

1 Like

Oh ok. I was not aware about that, nor did the person on phone inform me of this. In any case we would go to BU only for BSMD and not regular UG. Thanks for the info though.

1 Like