Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Congrats on the interview. Is this part of GW/GW or SBU/GW?

Information from Pitt GAP portal

Applicants who are invited for interview will be informed by February 15.
Interviews will be scheduled for the 2nd-3rd week of March.
Admitted applicants will be informed by April 15.

Do we know if GW has sent all interview invites? We still have not heard anything from them.

Thank you very much for your help.

How on earth was she able to take 16 AP classes in HS ? :wink: my daughter will have only 10 AP classes when she graduates, since she is only taking 2 APs (AP Chem , AP Lit) this year. Hopefully she will choose UMD and get accepted to ILS but she is still waiting for a couple schools including 2 BS/MD programs.

1 Like

16 AP Class is highly commendable !

But it is also one of the reason College Board cancelled the National AP Scholar award given to those who score 4 or higher on 8 AP exams last year, which I would wager most students on this thread could’ve won.

They didn’t want students feel pressured to go all out in AP classes and to level the playing field since some high schools may only offer a few AP classes, if any at all.

1 Like

Did anyone heard back from SLU Med scholars regarding decisions?

SLU Med Scholars and Presidential Scholarship results are not due until early March.

1 Like

@MarrZak - When did you submit the CUNY application and when did you get the interview invite ?
Do you have a portal for sophie davis to check ?

1 Like

we applied and did not hear from then yet.
Any senior members have any idea?

I applied back in December for CCNY on the CUNY application. The portal will not display anything, they have been sending few email invites already in regards to interviews (on the sophie davis forum here on collegeconfidential I have shared the exact words of my email to other applicants if you wish to check it out!). They were on the fourth day of interviews when I went, and I was notified for an interview a week prior to yesterday from the CUNY School of Medicine. They will be conducting interviews until March so I would not worry too much.

This is the link to the forum I spoke of, I believe this another student other than I who has spoke of their interview as well. Best of luck!

Thank you. CUNY messed up our application as our recommendations, etc went before we submitted, and they “threw” them out.
so we resent them again last week. hopefully they will consider our application.

All the best for you.

1 Like

OMG I feel you on that one and I must say the communication with them prolonged for months now… They still haveme listed for biochemistry for macaulay honors at ccny when I placed sophie davis down, the system is in dire need of being updated. The issue is most definetly on their end, but theres not much we can both do :frowning_face: I wish the best for your applicant! :slight_smile:

You know this is quite ironic in all honesty. Amidst my message a few minutes ago, I got an email from CCNY that I was admitted under biochemistry, I will give the school a direct call tomorrow to explain my situation. It seems I have too much trouble every day in the college process…

All the best for your interview!

Forgot to mention earlier, most of those selected for BA/MD used to also receive price breaks of 25-30k per year for the undergrad at GW. Hope that is still the case.

2 Likes

Is there any way to contact to NJMS to know the status of application? Caldwell is saying that they have forwarded the application to NJMS for interview consideration but did not hear anything from NJMS.

1 Like

Has anyone been accepted into Rutgers Honors college? My S got an email asking to schedule a 1-on-1 appt but nothing specific to Honors college though.

Probably, when time comes, for the current incoming MD class, all USMLE-1-2-3 tests should be P/F. Good for medical students to get away from the competitive nature of these tests and misuse of these for residencies allocation, IMO.

You can send them email or call. Check NJMS website.