Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Holistic process to suppress ORMs given success with standardized tests. This is how society decline starts.

not sure. I got my interview notice just recently but I am guessing they will come throughout the week? Also, does anyone know the acceptance rate from the interview for Hofstra is, or any tips in general?

60 Interviews / <15 Seats

1 Like

Well, not sure what they look for in such an interview and whether DD met those expectations. Would you know @NoviceDad ?

My DC received Hofstra interview.

2 Likes

agree here. Cancelling or ignoring proven objective ways of judging candidates and defining any process they can come up with on the name of holistic approach. Cancelling some BSMD programs, cancelling USLMEs, cancelling SAT tests. I won’t be surprised seeing more subjective measurements coming in future.

1 Like

Per Hofstra: Interview invitations will be released on a rolling basis beginning in mid-February.

1 Like

@love4bsmd Thank you for the update.

Can someone please tell me how many total admissions are given for AMC among RPI, Union and Siena? Do all three feeders share same number of acceptances? Or are these 3 feeders differ in size?

Have you taken USMLE-2CS and know about its usefulness in getting a MD license in USA ? Folks who are consumer of these tests are the state regulators who license MDs. They would know better whether USMLE-2CS is needed or not before cancelling it, IMO. This is one less test for future hopeful licensed MDs. Let the medical students show how do they feel. Many BSMD aspirants here may welcome no MCAT requirement for matriculating to medical school. Many may be looking for a seat in a BSMD for this (no MCAT needed), IMO.

AMC reserves up to 45 places for 7/8 year BS/MD program
Not sure my guess:
Union: 15 +/- 3
Siena: 15 +/- 3
RPI: 15 +/- 3

Thanks @md2025. Then I would assume they give acceptances to at least 15x2 = 30 per each feeder. Found this on Union college page:
For students starting college in Fall 2020, there were 266 applicants for the Leadership in Medicine Program.

• 194 were forwarded to Albany Medical College
  • 66 were interviewed
  • 32 were offered admission
  • 15 enrolled at Union

@rk1235rk ,Your assumption is right.

Was you D calm and collected during the stress interview ? This may be what one may be looking for in a future MD under stressful situations.

She said she got nervous and laughed a bit more than necessary and tried to continue answering him, and he politely, pleasantly and persistently refuted that she knew she wanted to be a doctor. She has basically written off BU but I told her she just needs to put her thoughts away and focus on other activities.

1 Like

Good! Lets hope for the best!

So one’s job is to convince someone that you want to be a Doctor when the other party is refuting it. It is absolutely impossible to do. Hopefully your D will get into some other BSMD.

1 Like

@jrin6547

Thanks for that, it calms me down a bit. All that work and prep for 20 minutes, brutal.

My kiddo will be at the panel thing on Wednesday too. Did you see the email from GW saying the interview invitees have also been accepted traditional Ug also?

1 Like

Agree with you, my friend.

Moment you ditch meritocracy, decline sets in.

God only knows how far the pendulum will swing in that direction.