Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Thank you @NoviceDad for creating the 2021 results page!

1 Like

Congratulations!

Congratulations

Can one of you post the link to it please? @NoviceDad or @Bamd2023 ?

3 Likes

Have been a silent reader, amazing community. Congratulations to those who are accepted!
Did any one get an interview invite from Augusta BS/MD?

There’s no interview for Augusta.
You are accepted or rejected based on your application and ZeeMee posts.

1 Like

@InspireTruth @confident2021
Precisely, that is the issue. USMLE-1 is now P/F. Your USMLE-1 score(P/F) will no longer be a ticket to sought after residencies. PDs will use some other objective measures. Only USMLE-2CK is left which would likely change to P/F soon. These changes may decrease an ORM’s chances to get into a highly sought after residencies.

1 Like

Congratulations, @Bsmd2029 . Wishing your DD all the very best.

RESULTS THREAD

PLEASE ONLY use that thread to post results - keep the discussions to this thread only.

We usually create the RESULTS thread in later March but we have created it a little early as folks have started getting offers.

So, a request - keep discussions to this thread and only results in the RESULTS thread

2 Likes

I don’t know about the website. I went with my child for the interview (in 2016… info maybe old) and at our lunch/parent student session they gave this info. In fact, this point was used to seek their program but speaking about it as a great strength.
Please make sure to consult with the administrators or senior student before making a decision.

Typically, the deadline for all StonyBrook materials is January 15, however, this cycle due to miscommunications between the various application platforms (i.e. Common App, SUNY, etc.) the deadline for ALL materials has been pushed to February 1. This includes Honors essay and BSMD essay. Having said that it’s just a week passed after Feb 1st due date. I am thinking too early to release interview invites for BSMD. Don’t know if 2 week delay in receiving essays will extend their planned interview invites by same 2 weeks.

1 Like

Have people getting these updates then?

Nothing so far, except an e-mail urging to apply for Presidential Scholarship.

I think my DC has reached the limit on writing anymore essays, … :scream:

1 Like

I totally feel that. My essay document is 147 pages long :frowning:

1 Like

Lol ikrrr!!! I counted and I have around 150 essays

I haven’t counted but I know it’s a lot :sweat_smile:

We know someone that joined VCU BSMD a couple of years ago and he confirmed that he can apply out without losing his bsmd spot.

Hello :slight_smile:

I have also committed to Adelphi for the SUNY Upstate Medical University Program.

I would love to connect with your DD!

Send me a PM

4 Likes

Hi - I just had a quick question/clarification. Has your child received an invitation from Augusta University to write an essay to apply for the Presidential Scholarship? My child has applied there but has not heard back anything. I assumed they will just send notifications of yes or no in mid March