Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Folks who have already committed to a college:

Please share your perspectives and results in the RESULTS THREAD

Keep discussion on this thread.

@snsh5713

We are Out-Of-State for Augusta, the Presidential Out-of-State Scholarship just waives the OOS surcharge that is typically tacked on to OOS applicants’ tuition bill, reducing it to match the In-State tuition rate.

If you are In-State, it might be why you haven’t received such an e-mail.

1 Like

To the ppl who have been accepted to Upstate and are planning on attending:

@Hershey7676 has made a thread to connect and discuss :))

Congratulations to all who accepted SUNY Upstate! Wish you all good luck and also please make sure to withdraw from other schools to help others waiting to hear.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard back from UPitt yet?

Has anybody had their AMC (MMI type) interview yet? Ours is coming up and wanted to see if anyone can please provide any tips. Will it be all scenarios based or can they still ask you something from your file?

Seniors /Experts - Does MMI inherently mean they are blind to your application? Google/Youtube says there are many MMI types - scenario, team work, collaboration etc. Wondering how some of these (like team building/collaboration type) be done on Zoom. Any tips will be helpful.

Same here. I am wondering how they will do teamwork stations as well

Anybody with Ohio University DO program (OU-HCOM EAP - Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine - Early Assurance Program) ??

DC said it was very well planned. She said it was MMI format, discussion on zoom.
So have the C relax and go with the flow.

Will get more info as soon C is available to chat.

1 Like

I applied to BU SMED and BROWN PLME, I have an A- GPA 1530 SATs and a 5 on the AP BIO exam. Do I have a serious chance of getting called for SMED, or getting into Brown or PLME, and if not is there any way I can switch to applying to BU regular and how do I do that?

Congratulation to you both accepted to Upstate via Adelphi. @Bsmd2029 @nmanalil12

So far I heard acceptances to Upstate from Adelphi, RIT, SUNY Purchase and SUNY Poly.

Any one interviewed on Jan 6th and still waiting to hear back? Any one interviewed to Upstate via ACPHS on Jan 6th? Wondering if Jan 6th interview date included all schools or not.

@BingIsUnderRated - most likely BU SMED interview invitations are done. If you want to switch to reg. undergrad for BU, you need to call them and let them know that you want to be considered for reg. undergrad admissions.

1 Like

Jan 6th’s interview pool had a mix of applicants. A lot to UAlbany, a few for ACPHS, maybe <2 for Adelphi. I am not sure how many actually got in but there are 2 more interview dates so I wouldn’t really worry about it much.

My DC got a $12K scholarship per year. FAU added another $5500 towards “direct unsubsidized loan” and named it as “Financial Aid” total $17K+ (including scholarship). You may want to log in to FAU portal an check for this info.
My understanding is that “direct unsubsidized loans” interest accrues while in college, and these are loans must be repaid 6 months after graduation.

Did you receive any update about the interview for FAU?

No, not yet.

1 Like

Have all FAU interview invites been sent out?

Where on the portal do you see financial aid information? Mine just has my admission status

Congratulations to your D and WIsh her the very best!

1 Like

Congratulations to all of those who got accepted to SUNY Upstate BSMD

1 Like