Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

They are more like for weeding out candidates with poor communication skills (No eye contact, looks frigid or doesn’t make conversion or talks too much etc…)

Hi! First of all good luck to all those applying to bsmd! This is probably the wrong place to ask this question, but I am a student applying next cycle but I don’t have any hospital volunteering hours due to covid (i do have lots of shadowing hours though). Will this negatively affect me? Thanks!!

Thank you. Did AMC also have a information session to learn more about the medical college on the day of the interview ?

Hi, new to posting. Received GW Interview Invitation through SBU/GW today.

3 Likes

In-person interviews are not just to see the candidates. It’s also to sell them about the school so it’s two ways marketing.

Is BU done with interview invites?

Congrats! Was it through email?

Why do you want to go there for UG?

Ok. Thanks

Thank you! Yes, it was through email.

Probably not but remember you still have months before your application - keep trying.

Seniors/Experts - what to make out of med schools that don’t have rankings mentioned in US news ranking website?

That’s why we call the entire BS/MD process crazy and like a roller-coaster.
It definitely teaches patience!

I reply to DMs that I receive from anyone who sends them.

1 Like

At this stage, she is still in consideration.

Best is to pray for the best.

1 Like

Has anyone heard anything from Pitt GAP about interviews?

Is coming on the 2/15 as says in the portal!

As long as they are accredited medical schools, they are fine.
Many med schools like AMC do not participate in the process. A number of newer schools also do not participate in the ranking process.

For medical schools, rankings are very less relevant. A licensed doctor from any US medical school can practice and treat patients. Also, earnings are very dependent on the specialty (not college) you choose.
For example, in general, a cardiologist from Hofstra will earn more than a family medicine practitioner from Harvard.

1 Like

Interviews are definitely important.
At the end of the day, practicing medicine involves a lot of people skills and interviews are a way to review them. Interviews also reveal your attitude, commitment, and aspects of your personality.

2 Likes

Anyone here applied to Wayne state bsmd?