Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Reg Upstate: Its not really final final. Ms. Ripa said to make a honest decision with the information you have at hand. They want to see if you are still interested in the program when you receive the letter of acceptance. If you do not accept, they want to extend offer to others. I don’t think it’s binding and you can always go to different program.

2 Likes

I think 1st week of April.

has anyone gotten an update after interviewing at stevens? i haven’t heard back yet and don’t know if i should assume that i have not been selected.

Yeah makes sense, seems they want to figure out how many among those accepted have other offers too and already know may want to go elsewhere, thereby creating space for others in their program.

1 Like

We are also waiting to hear back from Stevens.

From what my D heard from the Stevens interviewer the next step is you will hear from NJMS… @Geek13 your DC already had an interview with NJMS…

Anyone know when UIC GPPA decisions come out :upside_down_face:

do you remember when the interviewer said we would hear back by?

Anyone here awaiting an invitation to interview with OU’s MHSP? Can’t seem to find any info on when those go out.

Do you mean an invitation for an interview or decisions post interview?

I don’t know for sure, but my interviewer did tell me they meet on the 3rd Friday of February to approve the applicants at the med school level and that results would be sent after that. Last year, results were sent the Monday after that Friday, so it might come out soon!

1 Like

For BU SMED program

Decision post interview.

@DazednConfused18

https://www.ou.edu/honors/specialprograms/MedHumanitiesScholarship/admissionsprocess

Interview notification by Feb End
Interviews 3/22 & 3/29.
In general 8-10 students per day for a total of 15-20 students invited.
10 offers and 5-6 students matriculate.
Good flexible program and people. GL

I know someone who gave up Top 2 BSMD for Stanford and got into Stanford medical without any gap years.

2 Likes

No timeline given by interviewer…

Same my son only had like 20 min NJMS interview, but thank god he got into PMM! and waiting for others!

2 Likes

Kiddo got offered an interview for FSU’s Med Scholar program but he will be turning it down. Basically all Florida schools were at the prompting of his mother who foolishly forgot this kid has had his own mind since birth and therefore persuasive efforts are futile.

Getting into Stanford via REA has given the kid one hell of a “safety” school. He is disinclined to consider lower tier options.

11 Likes

We have given up on NJMS. Thought having an older sister in medical school might actually be an advantage - looks like it is not, and may even be a disadvantage. Of course, being OOS student, the odds of getting picked just get that much lower but my DD said many of the same students from various states showed up on multiple interviews including BU, PMM, UConn, FAU etc., and practically everyone else had been interviewed by NJMS already. She was not sure where her application was lacking and has written to them for feedback on what part of her application she could strengthen - no response so far.

OOS need not be a factor at NJMS, it could be both competition in terms of number of applicants and the quality of the applicants pool this time. So unpredictable, as mentioned earlier someone yearning to follow the elder sibling to SMED (with even stronger credentials) not even making till the interview stage. But your D has a great option already.

1 Like