Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Thank you.

As per BU, the interview call out is all done at this time and so if we did not receive a request for interview (ours included), we can safely assume that we are not going to get one for the program at this time and should reach out to BU in case if you want your application to be considered for the regular program

1 Like

Agree. It was initially disappointing though, but she is good with it now.

All the best for all UIC GPPA interviewees waiting on results!!

3 Likes

Another significant factor could be if any other top student(s) from their high school also happened to apply to the same program and/or feeder(s).

1 Like

I guess weā€™ll never know but thatā€™s a good point. Iā€™ll check with her school. They wonā€™t share who got admitted to NJMS but they will usually share whether anyone got into NJMS from the school.

IMO, NJMS gave an award in the first year which reduced the OOS tuition fee to in-state tuition fee according to what has been described previously. It is not an entitlement/equivalent to getting a NJ residency. Many medical schools award merit scholarship to their students including incoming first year ( probably based on UG GPA and MCAT Score).

IMO, It is too early to give up on NJMS. NJMS interviews during March and results come out in April.

1 Like

Your D already has a bird in hand (PSU/SKMC) and should be very happy. All one needs is one BSMD acceptance.

1 Like

Has anyone heard back from AMC post interview?

Whatever one may call it but if you do not sign the contract with Upstate, the bird will land somewhere else. You may be left empty handed at the end. Evaluate your chances realistically at other places. It seems odd that folks are applying to multiple feeders but do not want to accept the Upstate BSMD offer and sign the contract.

LOLā€¦ I know someone who became millionaire before turning 20.

Itā€™s all individualsā€™ preference and situation. No two individuals have same circumstances. Please do not try to project BU and BSMD are the only best things on earth :slight_smile:

Your opponents will come and together you guys will hijack the normal discussions on this forum :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I know some one who dropped out of Harvard and become a billionaire being a social media company CEO. :innocent:

4 Likes

D did visit BU but did not like it. It has a kind of ancient look. Now SAT II has been scrapped by college board, let us see what will BU do about them.

They have been hijacking the threads all these years irrespective and will continue to do so regardless, so doesnā€™t matter to me :-))

Just had NJMS interview. It was cool. Except interviewer asked 2 questions and then left the remaining time to ask as many questions as you likeā€¦ no time limits. Felt weirdā€¦ almost as if I was interviewing the clinician.

1 Like

LOL, You could have conducted a stress interview yourself.

1 Like

LMAO YEAH. I was really struggling to find questions to ask afterā€¦ likeā€¦ the FIFTEENTH question :laughing:

1 Like

Congrats to all who got into programs this cycle!! Update on us is D just interviewed with a couple of programs and saw some familiar kids at the info sessions of various programs! :joy: She has two more interviews left that we know right now and hopefully at least one will turn out to be an acceptance!

3 Likes