Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

My friend said:
If you got a perfect score in your exam when you think you got one question wrong, are you going to request them to reevaluate your scores??

better not to poke the bearā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

Good to hear that, with 4 interviews, decent probability of making one or more. GL.

1 Like

Best wishes to your D @doctorpenguin ! We were in that state not too long ago, and it is such a relief to have an admission that my D is more than delighted to have. I wish the same for you!

1 Like

Good to hear and Good luck to your D!

1 Like

Did FAU send a correction email yet? Has anybody from this forum received one?

@Mom22DDs @mygrad2021 @rk2017 Thank you all!

I heard some got it, we didnā€™t but I have higher confidence now that it was sent in error. We wait and hope together @cheer2021 :slight_smile:

Got an NJMS interview invite. A few questions:

1. How was the NJMS interview like?

2. Once I send the photo ID to the email, does NJMS send me the Zoom link for the interview?

1 Like

On the website Texas Tech UMSI interview invites come out on February 19th approximately. Are they usually on time? Does anybody think they may be postponed due to the winter storm?

Congratulations!! It was very casual and again depends on the interviewer. Either way people said nothing curvy. Please refer posts from @rk1235rk and @InspireTruth earlier. They gave more detailed explanation. Itā€™s sometime end of January.

You get zoom link just 2, 3 days before.

All the very best.

1 Like

My S accepted ADHC NJIT a few days ago. No interviewed yet. We got only the letter about 12k scholarship. But, we didnā€™t hear anything whether BSMD forwarded or not. We tried asking our BSMD status to the ADHC NJIT. They answered only that NJMS interview concluded already last year December. Maybe rejected right?

I donā€™t think NJMS interviews are concluded and I think they told you about NJIT undergrad interviews concluded in December. I think you have to make sure if they forwarded your application to NJMS. If they have forwarded you can still expect an interview from NJMS.

Hope this helps and good luck!

1 Like

Were you asked to commit in 2 weeks after acceptance email?

Thank you. If we rejected, will they send e-mail ā€œRejectedā€ clearly? How is the e-mail looks like? You rejected our BS/MD programā€¦ like this? Sorry, We didnā€™t have much info about any BSMD programā€¦

I am not sure about NJIT but few people received rejection letters from TCNJ. I have not heard anyone receiving one from NJIT.

I think NJMS feeder schools looks like similar processā€¦ you got the letterā€¦ Thank you. So much helped us. We have to ask them again. Anybody updates from NJIT?

1 Like

Thought this article was relevant since overseas med schools have been discussed on this thread. With step 1 going to pass/fail, it will be even more difficult for FMGs to match to US programs.

ā€˜I Am Worth Itā€™: Why Thousands of Doctors in America Canā€™t Get a Job ā€˜I Am Worth Itā€™: Why Thousands of Doctors in America Canā€™t Get a Job - The New York Times

1 Like

Only 61 % of IMG match into a residency ?? !! :scream:

With the adjusted percentage of 50% :scream: :scream: