Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

mama bear… :innocent:

1 Like

LMAO I feel like I’m being yelled at by my own mom (but cooler :joy:). And highkey I spend too much time on tiktok :skull:

@REMSHOPEFUL123

For your peace of mind, the fact you were selected for an interview means the people in the program LIKE you.

That is why they picked YOU over thousands of other applicants to interview.

All you have to do is to show them you are as good in person as you appeared on the application/resume, not some obnoxious person with low EQ.

Everything the CC community has been trying to tell you is very true and you need to heed their advice.

Before your next interview, try to look up interview etiquette and follow them.

You GOT this, so stop being your own worst enemy and stop sabotaging yourself.

Otherwise you’ll end up like an applicant I know with stellar stats who was interviewed by 7+ programs and rejected by all.

2 Likes

alright thanks man ill work on my anxiety too afterwards

:popcorn:

42 days until Ivy day. Coooome on PLME!! :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

4 Likes

ugh i regret not applying- best of luck !

US MD seniors data is ONLY for first ranked specialty.

I have one more question and then i can get off this thread

Thanks

If you could see my face

:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

My kids would tell you to back away slowly and maybe do a chore.

It isn’t a problem you have questions- it is you don’t want answers. Or to do anything after receiving the answer. Receptiveness is HUGE in a caring profession.

Hello everyone - just coming on here after about a month so a little out of the loop. Haven’t got anything for BU SMED, assuming that I didn’t get in. Is it possible to switch into the regular admission pool?

@Momofsharon - Did you receive any email from hofstra ?
We did not get any kind of communication from Hofstra

Yes you can call and ask them to move your application to undergrad consideration.

@BSMDMomofD

My kiddo got an email today. It basically said interview spots are filled but if there is a cancellation, maaaaybe you might get called up.

So it’s the soft rejection in an attempt to avoid crying type of break up.

Thank you @mom2boys1999. I think that means, you are on waitlist.
If we did not receive an email means - we are not even in the waitlist…

Are you sure about this? DD got this email too and we assumed it went to every single student that applies to their bsmd but did not get selected for interview.

Hofstra clearly mentioned that they do not know who is on the waitlist. Everyone other than the 64 invited for interview were sent this email. You may have it one or the other spam folders, please check.

no. did not receive. who is this email from?

Hi - any change in the portal?
no email in spam also.