Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

We also received this email. Seems very general and like it went to everyone. No portal change for us I believe.

Unrelatedly CC seems to be doing lots of rebranding. Enjoying the new font. :joy:

Same for us too

:+1:

Instead of fixing or enhancing font, which is more like for better cosmetic appeal, I wish CC can focus on fixing search results or creating a “load all” chat option in the forum. For example, this thread has about 8326 messages as of today, searching for Hofstra keyword within this thread shows only messages up to Dec 2020 (again matching Hofstra keyword). Chrome or any browser “Find” or “search” option at browser level search - literally searches for matching keyword-only within a couple of messages as this thread and every CC thread loads only handful number of messages on the first visit, you need hit pg down or pg up buttons on your keyboard or drag the vertical scroll bar up or down to see other messages to see if there are any other matching keywords. Hope the CC admin sees this message and provides a fix. :roll_eyes:

Providing feedback here Introducing CC's refreshed brand - #6 by dfbdfb likely to be noticed faster.

Yes as others said you can call admissions to have your application moved, it is not automatic. I suggest you call them today, the longer you wait the slimmer the chances of any merit based awards, if any.

Also if you are a national merit finalist you should declare BU as your 1 st choice on the NMF portal somewhere to receive the awards BU doles out for that category. The deadline is March 1st, which is right around the corner. Just saying all this since you may have missed all the conversations on this matter here.

Yup that is what they said

Someone earlier had mentioned that they got an email saying did not get selected.

Besides our one dear student, anyone else have a REMS interview coming up? I would love to DM a question and don’t want to post here and invite a meltdown :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Anyone know when UIC GPPA results will come out?

oh man ! we REALLY are caring parents …

2 Likes

I think @pineapple777 is cause of what they posted yesterday, but not positive :sweat_smile:

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I will be sure to do that today.

I am a NMF, but I was considering either BU or the UT Dallas program. Anybody know the comparison between these two?

UT Dallas gives out full rides to most of its students.

UT-PACT (UTD/UT Southwestern) was cancelled unfortunately but I think they have an early admission program you can apply to once you’re a sophomore at UTD. What program are you referring to?

Anyone heard back from Stonybrook wise program or medical school?

I heard in another thread that someone got into WISE this morning.

1 Like

My son is an alumnus of UT-PACT. I did not know they had an early admission program.

It’s called JAMP but must be economically disadvantaged I think. I had my heart set on UT-PACT but then it was cancelled when it came time for me to apply :frowning: