Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

So if parent takes a loan and no longer is alive, do they go after kid or loan is wiped out??? Strange question -ah ha!!

Buy a property in Ft. Worth (or other lower cost areas) and you will become a TX resident.

Do we have to keep property empty or can we rent out?

I strongly believe she knows what she wants to do, only you are confusing her :crazy_face:

3 Likes

@magicstick5 - since it’s a 7-year program, one would have to relinquish their guaranteed seat if decides to apply out.

I like Stonybrook BS/MD.

2 Likes

Only parent is confused and concerned about Himalaya plans. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

4 yrs ago you could get a condo for $100-$150K near UT - Rent a room to someone and kid can stay as well.

I am too poor businessman and never get into housing/rental except stocks. Tonnes of Desis ( with fat CA $$ balance) whom I met were complaining how difficult to get into UCB ( and complaining UCB gives to OOS for $$$ hence kid did not make it) and kid got into UT-CS/Engg and now buying a condo. Moms particularly. UCB is 30% OOS wheras UT is 10%. Think UT/UCB OOS rarely get any $$$ ( UCLA gives).

Brown PLME acceptance rate confirmed to be 2% by the office of admissions in letter sent to guidance counselors. 82 students admitted. 19 from ED and 63 from RD.

Brown UG RD acceptance rate is 3.5%

3 Likes

Very true- Engineering and Desi- Always trying to find Dy/dt where it goes to Zero!!

D does not want to discuss anymore- Yesterday after Texas residency news, she brushed me aside.

And my WA IIT AIR 1-100 group is still optimizing derivative and integrating without knowing boundry conditions of MD or BS-MD. Unanimous decision there for Caltech if make it or topmost school including Harvey Mudd. Seems people make decision based on their perspectives ( 2 President Gold Medal with close to Pichoi at Google after Stanford PhD CS have no clue on MD- some who knew a bit say such programs are shorting UG potential).

Are you then suggesting DC just go for option 3 (traditional route) then? Or I am misinterpreting something?
1.Stony Brook BSMD (10K scholarship/yr)
2.Univ of Southern CA (USC) Premed UG half Tuition
3.UT Dallas Premed UG Full Ride

Take UT Dallas Premed UG full ride and buy a property in TX in D’s name. In one year, D may become a Texas resident. Parents do not have to move to TX. Then D can apply to Texas Medical Schools as a resident. Please confirm Texas residency requirements yourself.

1 Like

D seems adamant to go to Columbia UG.

@cheer2021 - as @Mom22DDs and @grtd2010 mentioned, School brand or undergraduate college may matter, but only after GPA, MCAT, extracurricular activities, research, letters of recommendations.

1 Like

You can live yourself or rent it. You have to be the owner.

1 Like

Your name will work also. If you put in DS name, he needs to file independent taxes. Joint name perhaps is better then.

Or like gujju or punjabi pro business, buy subway/gas station etc. and same logic.

So whats the solution??? Lets wait few more days perhaps and it will be all over.

Your WA IIT AIR 1-100 group should stick to desi jokes, movie reviews and whose stock is going up. College admissions is totally different game.

Exactly, I do the same. Now that we are talking about it a lot, I recently started going back to my network site and checking doctor education & background. In fact, I would go to T10 or T20 doctors only for surgeries or unique health problems, not for my day to day problems.

There is no state income tax in TX. Property tax any one can pay DC or parent.