Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

It was seller market since 2016. With tonnes of liquidity and fed helping, market has no place to go except defy gravity.

Yes, Ivies have small class size (typically below 2000) vs state flagships which take thousands.

He was referring to college admissions not financial markets. You have lot of catch up to do.

1 Like

He may be not be looking at college admissions.

Sent you a DM. Please check.

Haha - They gave me 5000 stock option when it was 10- Wish had continued!! And Intel gave me 10000 in late 1990s when it was doubling every year ( and google was $1) and that tanked to $20 and is still around 65 while early 2000 it was close to 100 post split.

$$$ is always an illusion for me!!

On another note- How is Brookyln with Downstate medical college - Full UG ride ( they take 15)

Sent you a DM.
Please check.

@compengineer1 - I would go with SBU BSMD over Brooklyn-Downstate BSMD, assuming similar cost (full ride for UG) for both. SBU ranked higher for both UG and medical school.

1 Like

iMO, you should send you D to Columbia UG and listen to DD. You can afford it with all the gains you have made. Move to Texas and save on state taxes.

1 Like

Btw Moderna or J&J etc. CEOs are mostly IVY.

Perhaps she is looking for CEO position!!!

Aim for Columbia MBA after Columbia UG, forget MD.

Poughkeepsie is an interesting place.
Though Hudson valley can be beautiful in Fall.

I have probably eaten at all the Indian restaurants between Poughkeepsie and Middletown.

And how many are there sir!!

Btw, a small grocery store started few months ago next to Dominos- Poor guy runs when someone comes to pick up Dominos Pizza ( thats how he grabbed me). Hope he survives.

Depends on whether you are the engineering kind or liberal arts kind.
Also place wise Hoboken vs Ewing Township - what do you prefer?

About 5.

The grocery store in Wappingers Falls is always stocked.
If I needed something, I would drive there.

So where you located?

This grocery store is in Fishkill.

I just knew Tanjore- Is there other?

In any case, I stopped eating out. All these Endos and cardios just add meds and insulin including statin etc.

I remissioned my 20 year old diabetes and am med free - they fooled me all along. Diet rules- Simple Biochemistry.

India is diabetic and heart attack capital of world inspite vegetarian diet- Docs never help with nutrition but add metformin/GLP1/SGLT2/Insulin/ Statin etc.

Curious with so many docs here, is there a good class in nutrition? How insulin and incretion/endocrine controls lipids, apoB or apoA etc. My endos are unable to answer ( and cornell UG/Med school and NYU residency!!).

Same here, we are also planning to travel with first dose, no choice when you want to send your kid from one coast to another.

Time to get back to BSMD forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does CASPER share results only with college ? Will students see the results?