Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

IIRC, FDA documents project around 94% after 2 week of 2nd dose of Moderna.

FWIW… I have my college classmate’s son selected TCNJ/NJMS route and he also got us thinking about BS/MD, and very happy there. also the cost is much favorable compared to other options.

—none

1 Like

That’s the content I’m here for!

While ultimate goal of most vaccines is immunization, the ideal goal of COVID-19 vaccines (similar to the influenza vaccine) is immunization as well but its practical goal is to avoid moderate-to-severe disease and hospitalization, which it does very effectively (with most immunized for several months with data collection still ongoing). So having mild symptoms is not necessarily a failure per se.

2 Likes

BU med school as a safety? WHAAAT?

2 Likes

REMS acceptance rate this year was like 1 % and for an equally solid program like BU i assume its the same just cause ur kiud goes harvard undergrad doesnt mean those med schools are safeties

1 Like

Case Western PPSP results came in. My ds was accepted. This was his top choice so we are very happy for him.

17 Likes

Rochester’s better (sarcasm? :wink:) but congrats

IS BU Med school not at the same level as rochester’s? I thought they were similar

Congratulations to your son and proud parents! Your son is the only one in this thread who received interview and now the acceptance. Way to go. Please let me know if you need any help. I am from Ohio but 4 hours away from Cleveland.

If your MCAT is 520+ range, BU with median MCAT 517 is seen as a safety. But BU may not even give an interview thinking it is a safety to protect yield.

1 Like

We are in Midwest closer to Boston same time zone.

Most of my siblings and my old dad are in Bay area.

Definitely I think it is not worth going to Stanford for family and weather. Anyway my son will agree with Harvard until his cousin who is doing MD PHD at Stanford brain washes him.

2 Likes

arent rochester and BU like t20 med though

Whats the hype around rems or bu program if i can just grind for the mcat and if i get a 520 i can call these schools safeties???

A UG GPA >3.9 and MCAT 520+ may open up a lot of higher ranking medical schools. These schools may think that you may not join so why waste an interview slot.

Thank you so much for the offer. DS did get into NJIT/NJMS but was not excited about it. But this was his first choice when even he was doing applications. A dream come true for him.

6 Likes

Drexel doesn’t have their own hospital, is it a -ve for med school? Also, do TCNJ students have to go to NJMS during their UG research or shadowing or volunteer work?
@myhouse1

— none

Either NJMS or Philly will take about an hour each way from TCNJ, TCNJ doesn’t have hospitals in close proximity.