Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

So damn excited

KIDDO ACCEPTED INTO PLME!!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

26 Likes

JHU

BTW, Harvard crimson has 3.43% acceptance rate, lowest ever, as expected due to sheer number of applicants this year.

Columbia top, Princeton close. Cornell/Upenn/Dart perhaps eliminated since Columbia and Princeton. Brown reject ( Surprise- But good otherwise headache of PLEM!).

Think Columbia and NYC unless Princeton gives more $$$$

D disappointed with H waitlist- I told her to apply REA but Harvard told her she can not apply Rice/Baylor or any private Med if Harvard REA.

Both Caltech and Harvard Waitlist. Life continues.

If either was plus, I wont care about $$ or BSMD!!

1 Like

Yes, HYPS REA does not allow private school but can apply to any public universities with REA.

Why would Princeton give $$$$?

Is UPENN or Cornell worth considering?

From her school, usually 5-10 rank get Cornell ( 3-5 kids go) but this year, 2nd rank rejected HPCD and is waitlisted Cornell.

Cornell and Princeton are not worth for premed. UPenn yes, but I still think she should pick JHU full ride.

1 Like

UPenn may be a better choice than Columbia. If D can get into UPenn medical school later, no guarantees. No $$$ from UPenn, so it is out.

Columbia gave 35K - Total 83K. 50K pocket cost

You don’t need that for Himalayas!

It is 50k/year for Columbia, what about UPenn, any $$$ ?

1 Like

Need to check all others- Had not filed FAFSA/CSS until recently. Had filed for Columbia as we knew. Yes total C cost is 83K, my cost 50K. Also Egleston Scholarship.

Will see what others have offered or will offer.

So only UPENN BME? Why pay 70K for UPENN BME when 2 hr drive JHU is free???

FAFSA will not give you any free money. D may get 5500 unsubsidized loan for first year.

We didn’t have to do that because the older kid that got into BA/MD went to public school

Is that merit?

Says Egelston Grant. Any $$ is worth.

83K would have sent me to Himalayas or Everest- Now Kilimanjaro with 50K!!

if an IIT guy can’t pay who else can?

An Egelston grant is institutional money, free to you.

This IIT guy is poorer than ITI guy!!

Think nothing changed as of now.

So you think UPENN BME worth considering and better than C BME as premed. Harvard says sometimes 100 waitlist move and other times zero.

No $$ mentioned for PENN- They want their worksheet to be completed. They dont participate in IDOC as per them.

Damn this stuff never gets over.