Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

Congratulations!!! Pretty good options. I think he has some bs/md options too.

1 Like

Yes, even he told my D the same.

@rk1235rk @mygrad2021 Did you get any calls about NJMS BSMD acceptances ? Did not see any calls made by TCNJ/NJMS BSMD here, only 5 NJIT/NJMS BSMD. Four of those may be OOS and only ONE @inspireTruth is in-state. IMO, NJIT is done calling yesterday. Check previous year thread to get some insight.

4 Likes

NJIT told me that they got the list of names from NJMS yesterday itself. I imagine all the other feeders did too, and they’re just waiting to reach out to all of the accepted students. NJIT has been the fastest feeder I’ve dealt with so far. Their interviews and forwards were significantly earlier than Rutgers, TCNJ, and Stevens IMO. So it’s likely that TCNJ will start reaching out in the near future.

1 Like

We haven’t received any call from NJIT/TCNJ yesterday. Not sure if they are done calling but I see only 4 people reported here. I would expect more and don’t know if not all are reporting here.

IMO, there may be around 20 NJMS BSMD acceptances lurking around here.

Definitely because lot of people reported during interview time that they received an interview invitation but now only 4 reported.

Yes, my D also got into NJIT/NJMS… call came late yesterday…

4 Likes

Though she prefers TCNJ over NJIT. Waiting for TCNJ call.

Congratulations!! At what time the call came in?

You do not have get a call, if TCNJ forwarded to NJMS, she can join TCNJ as UG. Meanwhile look at TCNJ curriculum. With a lot AP credits/dual credits, one can finish in 2 years but has to wait for one year to start NJMS.

https://biology.tcnj.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/204/2016/05/Biology-Seven-Year-BS-MD-Doctor-of-Medicine-v2016.pdf

Think it was around 5pm yesterday.

1 Like

Yes, that is what some others have said before. But it will still be nice to get acceptance and congratulatory phone call from TCNJ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

They will be more than happy to get your over to TCNJ.

1 Like

@mom2boys1999

Unless he gets Harvard, think I will go for Stanford.

Obviously you have to think about him and within family.

If my D clears Caltech waitlist, she is done. Think we will let JHU also let go and perhaps most others. Will see.

1 Like

She was also asked why 7-year as opposed to 8-year, why not 4-yr UG than 3-yr UG

May 15

What are his concerns about West Coast?

Interesting choice. CalTech has very small class size, smaller than some high schools and vey nerdy. My S didn’t even apply. He wanted to be at a mid size school to have social enrichment.

Same situation here.