Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

we were waitlisted but got interviews and acceptance too. i might have not posted the updates on here.

Waitlisted for GPPA interview?

Four years ago he got into famed BU SMED and RPI/AMC (with some scholarship). UG he got Upenn, JHU (BME) and Vandy with full tuition scholarship.

UIC GPPA doesnā€™t have a waitlist for the interviewā€¦???

Congrats. I personally like Nashville over Houston (lived in Houston for a month and visited few other times) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like your son ended up better in traditional route!!!

Vanderbilt > BU or RPI
UPenn > BU or AMC

very niceā€¦ impressive list for sure.

yes, he also got UCSF (with scholarship) and Hopkins medical schools

1 Like

Does UIC GPPA have a waitlist, I heard that they didnā€™t

Wow, is he going to UCSF, Hopkins, or Penn. Tough decisions ahead!!!

As far as I knew they didnā€™t, however, I suppose that could have changed this year as they instated a handful of changes to the program this year. I do know they interviewed a 150+ and I suppose maybe some of those were drawn from a waitlist :woman_shrugging:

What is your real concern about Rochester?

1 Like

My money is on UCSF! :grinning:

NO.

RICE is a great choice for undergrad.
Plenty of research opportunities, cooperative kids, residential system, good dorms and next door to Texas Medical Center.

1 Like

My real concern is if i am selling myself short. I feel like I can get a 3.7 gpa for sure and >514 mcat so am i losing anything going here instead of duke. I know i get a guarantee here but is it a good enough med school where i can get into a solid residency if i put in the work during med school and can just relax a little through undergrad with the bs md assurance. Or should I consider applying out/will it even matter

Rice ; if not Vandy.
Are you TX?

Could someone please post the link to the results and reflections thread. Thank you

How much are you betting? :slight_smile:

If your goal is T10 and think you can achieve it by going traditional then donā€™t take Rochester.