Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@whitecane that’s great! They have historically been underrepresented in such programs.

Guys. Last HPME interview date is this Friday (March 1).
Rejections are also out.

@whitecane and @Jaswant - congratulations on VCU acceptances!

FYI - DS just received official interview rejection letter from NU HPME (via email).

Congrats to everyone who received good news!

For those who received bad news: this isn’t the end of the world. You’re still very talented, very bright individuals; just the fact that you applied to these programs is awesome! Knowing what you want to do in the future does help :slight_smile:

Good luck to those of you who are still waiting (I’m waiting too :smiley: ).

HPME interview rejected.
Thank you! @OldSchoolMD and @redcloud17

@OldSchoolMD

Did you get my PM?

Thank you for the response @whitecane @bsmdadmit

@whitecane
Did you get an e-mail today from HPME?

got emailed hpme rejection. looks like i’ll be heading on the normal med school path unless brown works out (lol slim chance) :slight_smile:

CONGRATS to everyone that has been getting acceptances!!

@Krupa2019 yes we got rejection email today.

@whitecane we have not yet received
Did you apply early ? My daughter applied closer to deadline
May be they are sending rejections in the order of applications received

@Krupa2019 did you check spam and all other folders? They usually send it out at the same time.

Those who have been admitted to some programs: please remember to post in the results thread.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/2126726-official-thread-bs-md-results-class-of-2019-p1.html?new=1

Does anyone know if BU looks at academics after interviewing. In other words, once interviewed, is everything dependent on the interview?

@whitecane @Jaswant Exciting news! Congratulations on VCU!!

HPME interview rejected. Congrats to everyone who received good news!

What’s everyone’s opinion about applying to DO schools rather than MD ?

DO is simply another path to becoming a doctor. Both are absolutely acceptable and in the end, you will be a fully licensed, practicing doctor regardless of the two letters behind your name. Seek whichever approach you feel suits your personality and interests best.