Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

. @bsmdadmit I think some of us are waiting until we hear from all the schools so as not to have to make multiple posts.

@gallentjill Yes, of course. Me as well.

@bsmdadmit , which schools you already got acceptance and which ones you are still waiting? Have you heard anything back from FAU after interview ?

@jjww19 no acceptances yet. Waiting on a few and some interviews remaining as well. Nothing from FAU yet.

Has anyone heard from FAU yet? By this time last year, I see they had sent some offers…

Also, does anyone know if BU looks at academics after interviewing?

@bsmdadmit,

Reg BU : I answered this earlier. Refer to post #1492. Academic Rigor is probably as important, if not more, as interview. Medical ECs/volunteering/Research is probably the 3rd major deterministic factor (which can be considered under the category of Level of Applican’ts Interest)

My DS got acceptance to VCU GMED too. Congratulations to all who got in. Those who are waiting you will get a good news soon. Thx

Rejected from VCU GMED post interview but forwarded to NJMS from Caldwell. Has anyone heard anything from Hofstra and Augusta?

@pun2018

Are you in state for Augusta? Augusta results will be out around March 8th.

Good Luck on your NJMS Interview.

@TechGuy70 no I am out of state, do you know if Augusta does interviews? and thank you!

@pun2018

No interview for Augusta. Only application, they will decide based on the application.

Thank you @rk2017

Anyone know the MCAT score required to matriculate into NJMS from the feeder schools?

@hoop897 @whitecane @Jaswant - congratulations on VCU acceptances!

Did anyone receive a Sophie Davis interview invitation?

Did anyone hear from FAU?

@dd0106

Many “MDs” do not hold DOs in the same esteem as MDs. This is what I have heard from my MD friends ( small sample size).

Having said that, If you get the residency of your choice, it does NOT matter if your medical school degree is DO or MD.
There is an upcoming merger of required certifications which basically means parity between DO and MDs.

Stonybrook

Last year, we received interview invite on March 8.

@whitecane @Jaswant -
@hoop897
congratulations on VCU acceptances.