Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@gallentjill Good luck to your daughter on her decision.At the end… everything will work out perfectly !?

Thanks @bsmdchat20 , @bsmdbamd , @DSOF20192023 , @cy2019bsmd , @grtd2010 …It has been an excellent help being on this forum…
Cannot thank enough @NoviceDad , @rk2017 , @PPofEngrDr , @GoldenStateDad and many other members here…
Best of Luck for all still waiting…

Best of luck @gallentjill

@sajju786 Congratulations. Glad to hear that your

Congratulations @sajju786
Very happy to hear your son was able to get into the program he wanted.
When was he interviewed, do they announce results via email or you need to check the portal. I am just trying to understand the process. UIC program is only for Illinois residents, correct?

Congratulations @gallentjill on your decision to attend Union/AMC.

@smltwnD …yes UIC-GPPA is a 7yrs BS/MD Program, open only to IL State Residents.

Its a 2 step process with first interview with UIC Honors College Nov to Jan, You get admitted to UIC Honors and notified via email and portal…then depending upon interview and credentials your application is forwarded to UIC - College of Medicine, UIC-GPPA Program.
2nd Step is invited for an interview by UIC-GPPA Program in End of January and February. It is a 30min interview with Program Director or another faculty member.

By March 1st or 2nd week notified via email initially, what we got today and in 1-2 days updated on portal.

Around 800-1000 people apply for UIC -GPPA and 100-110 are invited for the interview after being selected by UIC Honors College. Of of 100-110, 55 are offered the admission. Acceptance rate of around 5%.
Requires ACT score of 34+, GPA typically 4.0, EC with medical EC. Does not require SAT Subject Tests.

I mentioned this earlier. But will a 3.85 to 3.9 UW hurt my chances for BS/MD programs. I’m an Illinois resident hoping for UIC GPPA or Northwestern HPME.

Congratulations @sajju786 @gallentjill

@sajju786 and @gallentjill
Very happy for both of you.
As I have said before, getting into your choice of program is priceless.

Wish both of your kids the very best.

Please share your experience on the results thread:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/2126726-official-thread-bs-md-results-class-of-2019-p1.html?new=1

@bearsfan21
UW GPA of 3.9 of will NOT hurt you.

@sajju786
You are welcome

@bsmdadmit
Last year, Hofstra was a traditional one-on-one interview.
Know your application inside out.

congrats @sajju786

@bearsfan21 …you could get in UIC-GPPA but Northwester HPME seems biased towards IL residents. We got interviews from BU, Baylor, UPitt, UIC-GPPA and many other programs and not form NU-HPME and we live just 30min from NU.

@sajju786

Congratulations on UIC-GPPA

Also nice to be instate for medical college tuition at UIC as for out of state students the medical school tuition is insane.

we did not get REMS.

Does anyone know what is their criteria in reviewing applicants ?

To all who got admissions into BS/MD programs:

Please make sure of reading all the documentation of terms and conditions. Also make sure you to get a paper copy, if they confirm by email.

One of my friend’s son got an email confirmation from UG school but never got a paper copy. After few years of UG, medical school (which is different from UG school) said he was not selected into medical program. It was a big communication gap between UG and medical schools. So he ended up looking for another medical school.

I do not want to give names.

Just be very careful.

@sajju786

Congratulations on GPPA.
Probably this is going to be best choice as suggested longtime back, home court advantage and still city vibe. We know 2 kids from last year batch so PM me if you want to connect with them.

@DSOF20192023 are you saying that he wasn’t actually accepted into BSMD but only thought he was? This is very confusing.