Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

haha glad I’m not the only one

for BU & NU you need to tell them that you are interested in UG even when not selected for BSMD, otherwise they will reject because of yield protection.

When did you apply to SUNY Purchase? I just had my Upstate interview last week.

Congratulations on your acceptance to SUNY!

@HELP2018 @Cherax @zsxBSMD2019 Are you all waitlisted for undergrad or BA/MD program?

Our GWU BA/MD result is alternate, any GWU BA/MD acceptances in the group?

Congrats!

@BarkLouder Congrats! When did you apply to SUNY Purchase? I just had my interview at Upstate last week.

@srk2017

BU doesn’t care about yields for undergrad. Check the ratio of their acceptance rates for early decision vs regular decision and that should give an idea of how much each school strives for yields.
For BU it was a nominal 1.3 or so based on what I remember. For some schools it can be > 3 times, even approaching 4.

My DS got GWU BAMD --He is very happy! so far UMKC and GWU-BAMD. Anyone with info on GWU BAMD, please let us know. Things like how hard the curriculum, is there a minimum GPA etc. congrats to all who got the results today.

@MaMaTEN congrats!

@bsmdbamd great news… Congratulations!

Congratulations to everyone who got acceptances today!

Congratulations to all who got accepted. We are nearing the end of March which means IVY’s results will be out if anyone cares.

Congratulations to all the BSMD acceptances !

Looks like for sure NW UG results today evening and HPME tomorrow morning

Question on NW.

If student can not get into HPME,would they automatically consider for UG? (both for interviewed and non-interviewed students)?

@DSOF20192023 NW - UG and HPME are independent decisions.

NW will send u a note earlier if interested to accept UG if not selected to HPME
If u opt out, say ur not selected to HPME u will be waitlisted to UG since they think ur not interested in UG without HPME

@Mimic17 - we have not received a note from NW where as Case specifically asked. Did you or anyone receive such note?

@GoldenRock - means students have to specifically have to ask for UG?

@DSOF20192023 Did you check your spam/promotions folder?.NW sent a note asking if interested in undergraduate program.

@whitecane I checked and email of Jan 25th dated has this

“HPME decisions are independent of review for general admission to Northwestern. If you are interested in attending Northwestern for regular undergraduate admission, even if not offered a spot in HPME, I would encourage you to contact the Undergraduate Admission Office via email at lmt@northwestern.edu to make them aware of this interest no later than February 1”

Just called NW admissions office. They said unless a student asks specifically to be removed from consideration for UG, all students will be considered. He also said that email came from HPME office and should have worded “If you are NOT interested in attending Northwestern for regular undergraduate admission, even if not offered a spot in HPME,…”

When asked about results date, standard answer is by March end.