Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Might just be me but I feel like since BU failed to send pre-interview rejection notifications, they should not have expected BSMD program applicants to automatically realize that they needed to call the undergrad and say that they would like to change their application/ program… as in, even on this platform, we were not certain regarding when the last interview date was (“BU will be sending out interview invites through February”). Moreover, had it not been for CC, I probably would have never found out that I needed to call them and change it.

Then again no point in arguing here; I’ll send them an email, too, so hopefully communication is better for future applicants…

@noregerts Agree. Communications is the key and to be fair for all. BU has a policy that you can only apply for one program, so if you apply for BS/MD then you are not considered for BS only. So you need to move your application from one to another, timing of which is not that clear.

Drexel decisions are out! Good luck to all!

in 2017 cycle, Northwestern is the only school that rejected my DS for UG :slight_smile: No top 10 rejections, only WLs.

@DSOF20192023 @noregerts I called BU a few weeks back (March 6? Unsure) and asked them to move my app to the regular pile and they told me, as I called, that today (that day) was the day they had stopped considering those requests… My application was not moved.

With NU, you must show demonstrated interest. Connect yourself with identifiable knowledge about NU

@upstream not necessarily true, like @srk2017 my elder son was rejected NU UG in 2017 even though we visited the campus, private scheduled meeting assistance dean of eng with small number of students/parents gathering, and all good things that can be perceived as demonstrated interest. Last year younger one didn’t do any of those at all and he is studding right now at NU.

NU decisions are out and Mueller report is submitted too…

Where do you see the undergrad results for NU? D doesn’t have an undergrad portal as she applied to hpme but had let them know she wanted to be considered for undergrad irrespective of hpme…any ideas? Thx!!

People are posting http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/northwestern-university/2097051-northwestern-class-of-2023-discussion-thread-p57.html (not sure about HPME)

I was referring to the “why Northwestern?” question. But who knows, our son got into Wash U without showing any interest.

And he got rejected from a program, where he went for a summer camp.

NU undergrad accepted! Anxiously waiting HPME. Congrats to everyone who got the results today!

Figured out the portal…D accepted undergrad! Awaiting HPME now…congrats to all who got good results today!! Almost done now…:slight_smile:

@upstream how is your son doing overall with Wash U BS/MD program? You may have share that in past but do not recall.

He didn’t apply to WashU BS/MD.
I was referring to undergraduate program.

oh ok, so what went wrong with summer camp (is he on pre-med track) if you feel comfortable to share.

He was “requested” to apply for WashU BS/MD program, but he decided not to apply.

@PPofEngrDr - I am more interested in Mueller report, he should released it on Ivy day :slight_smile:

@srk2017 lol Ivy Day is going to be indictment for life…