Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

If U got accepted into NW UG and applied to Hpme then u will get into hpme tomorrow

Miami HPM results are out…

@upstream
Agree with @PPofEngrDr - our demonstrated interest with NU HPME were emails asking for SAT Chem waiver (which they declined).
We visited NU at the time of interview and on the admitted student day.

Congratulations to all on their acceptances

@srk2017
Mueller report is out ——

https://www.scribd.com/document/402800029/Report-from-the-Special-Counsel-Investigation-into-Russian-Interference-During-and-Before-the-2016-Presidential-Election

@NoviceDad - My 2017th post is dedicated to you for sharing the report :wink:

Thanks @srk2017
But looks like the report indicated in the link is fake.

@NoviceDad - Of Course it’s fake. You can’t leak it LOL

@srk2017
I totally fell for this - it was tweeted by a policy dude I follow.
He is a very serious guy. Didn’t expect him to pull this.
:slight_smile: :blush: :wink:

BU results powebsite check…

BU results out check in portal … D accepted…?

My DS went for BU interview. It says he is accepted in CAS but not in accelerated medical program. Is that possible? We didn’t call to opt for regular undergraduate admission. Any suggestions?

@rk2017 my D got into BU UG with presidential scholarship. Thanks you for your guidance.

@rk2017, @srk2017, @GoldenStateDad, @NoviceDad - any opinions?

@cy2019bsmd - what is the language of your admission letter for BU? Could you please share?

congratulations @cy2019bsmd !

@motivat , this is what it says…
Congratulations! On behalf of the Board of Admissions, I am excited to welcome you to Boston University. You have been admitted to the Accelerated Medical Program in the College of Arts & Sciences.

Congratulations @cy2019bsmd.

My DS is really confused as we did not opt for regular undergraduate and it is contrary to believes here on this forum ( either you are in SMED or you are not! ). Has there been any cases in past where SMED applicant is given admission in undergraduate but not accelerated med program at BU (Boston University)?

My S got into Boston University School of Medicine 7ys BA/MD Program…

@DSOF20192023,

Congratulations, you have yet another good option to consider for ug.

@cy2019bsmd, congratulations, I was actually expecting few more announcements here and hopefully there will be some more as the day unfolds.

@motivat, not totally surprising though that has been their track record so far … These schools keep changing and revising policies.
For example at NU they used to reject by default for undergrad if someone applied for hpme and was not interviewed. Their reasoning was that the candidate most likely would go to other BS/MD programs preferring over their undergrad and impacting their yield that they were very sensitive to. But as I gather, they have changed that policy lately.

Any financial awards from CAS? BU and Boston, both are great options for traditional route for students with a rigorous background. And they give AP credit for most subjects unlike for BA/MD folks. So a double major is also a good possibility.

@sajju786, Congratulations!

Thank You @rk2017 , @motivat ,@bsmdbamd,
Congratulations @sajju786 !!!

D did get 20k UG presidential scholarship as NMF.