Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

NoviceDad, Thanks for sharing your great point!

We appreciate all the advices and knowledge from our experiences parents. You can skip it if you donā€™t want to read.
Special THANKS to NoviceDad and grtd2010 and goldenStateDad! Love to learn from you all!

Hi folks any interview tips for the W&J/temple phone interview? Ty

VCU will send out interview invites on Wednesday or Thursday.

Interview dates are as follows: 1/29, 2/5, 2/6, and 2/7.

@sunitacarmen - When did you hear from W&J about the phone interview?

@sunitacarmen Also when did you hear about temple interviews?

Last week.

@sunitacarmen are these for Medical School or for undergraduate???
Typically med school interviews are in person not over telephone?

Could you update us pleaseā€¦

Thanks

How were you notified? By email or through the application portal?

This is the W&J interview and not on-site Temple. Per their website, W@J interviews prior to the app being forwarded to temple Med school.

@AdmissionsAdmin, how do you know the interview dates for VCU, is that posted in the VCU website?

@bsmdseekerskg Most likely s/he is part of the VCU admission office and sharing the dates.

@brown2024 Both SBU/GWU and Hofstra are almost in the same class. Rather than focusing on these 2 medical schools, would suggest to evaluate the BS/MD program flexibility, location and the overall cost.
Assume you are getting ready for next year application cycle.

Thanks @AdmissionsAdmin

Everyone, agree with @GoldenRock Also, letā€™s appreciate the information shared and respect the privacy/confidentiality and do not ask him/her any questions that cannot be answered in public forum or in general that conflict the role of that individual :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hello! I am a junior whoā€™s looking to learn more about this process and whether itā€™s right or not for me. I understand Iā€™m a little late compared to others in doing so but I was wondering if anyone had a spreadsheet (of requirements for programs) or guide about BS/MD programs besides the ones on PrepScholar, etc. Thank you so much!

George Washington University called my D hospital where she volunteers and asked about how long she has been volunteering there and what her schedule was and in which departments she has been working.Looks like colleges drill applicants before they send out interviews.Did anyone had similar experience.

As a parent would play devilā€™s advocate role for any suspicious/officially unpublished information w/o questioning motive or source of info of posting individual.

Best case scenario: What if posted information is true? well see if that has potential conflict with any other school interview you may have received, and/or conflict with high school activities. Check out scheduling activity and if school is on high radar, I would start looking around logistics (flight/hotel) options for in person interview if applicable.

Worst case scenario: What if posted information is inaccurate? Do your due diligence based on priory year interview dates and pattern. Donā€™t let that false info to get into your skin and move on.

Trust me, you donā€™t want to loose your sleep over it.

Out of curiosity, what if you get two interview invites for the same day?