Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@whitecane did they contact you and tell you that GW called? How did they have that information?

@Cherax They called and talked to the volunteer coordinator and she gave that information back to D.

When are Rochester and GW suppose to come out with results?

@101study101

Both by end of Jan.

@ZacharyGelfond Very rarely that happened. If that happens, check if any one of the school has the option to select alternate date. If not, then you need to make a call which is one is more dear to your personal situation.

We had a conflict with Miami Presidential scholarship (which had in person interview) and Drexel BS/MD. But Drexel allowed to choose alternate date and we combined both in the same trip (from CA).

Any ideas on how to approach a question asking to describe the solutions to a domestic problem focusing on obesity?

Does anyone know all the dates for the AMC interview?

@florendo They are doing interviews Jan 7, Jan 11, Jan 14, and Jan 18, they are saying that they will do in Feb and March too.

@florendo AMC has not started sending out interviews for Siena College applicants. Which feeder college did you apply through

Do you guys think that because of PSU/Jeff’s increased yield last year that they reduced the number of people they offered interviews to? Or do you think they offered the same number of interviews but will decrease the number of acceptances?

Is University of Illinois at Chicago BS/MD purely for instate residents. I read somewhere it takes few kids for OOS. Any ideas please

@vvtuav,

I feel PSU/Jeff may be doing both, reducing the number of invites to say 80% from previous year’s and also reducing the acceptance of the interviewees to say 40% (instead of usual 50%). That is my guess.

@Smilescreen UIC GPPA is purely IL residents only.

Hi All, I’m so glad I found this forum with so many wonderful parents and students support! Thank you!

Has anyone completed RPI/Union AMC interview or if interview date is scheduled, when is yours?

@CurleyFries Mine is jan 11th

@PPofEngrDr Thank you very much

Remember several years ago, the GWU/GWU program only interview 22 students, and offered acceptance to 10. There was a waiting list though. I believe SBU/GWU program would have a similar structure.

@CurleyFries, it seems Union/AMC interviews are in progress Jan 7, 11, 14, and 18. Sienna/AMC and RPI/AMC are not started yet.

@noregrets

All the best. Please let us know your experience after the interview.

@noregrets Thank you and best wishes! So I guess you are Union/AMC then.

@bsmdseekerskg Thank you for the dates! My DS is waiting for RPI/AMC.

@GoldenStateDad Thank you for sharing wealth of info. Not sure if I missed, when is your DS interview for AMC? Best wishes for him.