Transfer - Chances of getting admitted/receiving out-of-state waiver for Texas A&M

Hey everybody!

I’m currently a freshman at Auburn University looking to Transfer to Texas A&M for the Fall 2016 semester. My high school record is pretty great, I have a 31 ACT with a 30 in math, 34 English, 32 Reading, 30 Science, and a 9 in the writing. My overall high school GPA was a 3.78 in the top 20% of my graduating class. I have about 150-200 volunteer hours, I was captain of the track team for two years, and I was in many other clubs and held offices. I feel like my high school career does myself pretty well, but here’s the problem: my college GPA is a 2.52. However, I’ve only take 5 classes total, including 1 lab. When colleges look at things like this, do they take into account that a lot of people’s GPAs fall the first semester of college? I also don’t feel that that GPA is a fair and accurate representation of my academic abilities, is there any way for me to put that into one of the essays on the application maybe? Will my drastically fallen GPA completely ruin my chances of getting accepted, and more importantly, the out of state waiver? Any answers are appreciated!

@auburn0011 Hi!
It would depend on your major you are choosing and how many credits you have completed. After a certain number of hours completed a your current university, I don’t think they will consider your high school transcript anymore because you won’t be considered as freshman, but sophomore.